ProMedica Toledo Hospital is one of the largest acute-care facilities in the region. Our 794-bed hospital is staffed by more than 4,800 professional healthcare employees who serve a 27-county area throughout northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan. We also have the area’s largest board-certified medical staff, which is made up of more than 1,000 primary care and specialty physicians. Excellent customer service skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment are a must. In addition, for 15 consecutive years, residents of Greater Toledo have named us the Consumer Choice Award winner in our market. In fact, we’re the only hospital in northwest Ohio to receive this honor.
Key member of a patient-centric care delivery model for high-quality service within the hospital setting. Performs at or above the standards of care set for the superior patient experience in clinical and non-clinical settings including x-ray. Able to proficiently and effectively navigate through multiple information technology platforms and applications to provide and support best practices/protocols, value-based care, supporting, implementing, and demonstrating the core values of ProMedica.
- Operates radiologic equipment, selecting proper technical factors on an individual basis; positions and immobilizes patients; exposes patients to radiation to produce high-quality radiographs and records the exposures on film for diagnostic interpretation by the physician.
- Maintains departmental equipment and facilities in designated areas in a clean, orderly condition and in compliance with infection control guidelines.
- Utilizes proper radiation protection, shielding patients, using proper collimation, etc. (provides protection in accordance with prescribed standards).
- Reports equipment malfunctions as necessary.
- Assists in other areas of the practice when patient volume allows.
- Participates in department staff meetings.
- Provides excellent patient service by documenting information accurately, promptly, and legibly in order to meet regulatory or medical record requirements. Utilizes medical charts, forms, practice management systems and all forms of electronic communication efficiently.
- Demonstrates clinical knowledge and focuses on customer service to answer and triage patient telephone calls. Records complete and accurate messages and obtains necessary instructions from providers and technologist, etc. when appropriate.
- Provides for a safe patient experience through adherence to clinical protocols, regulatory requirements, manufacturer standards and reports any potential equipment malfunctions or safety violations. While perform quality imaging and proper hand hygiene with all patients.
- May function as a Radiology Tech Aide, assisting with transport of patients, stocking, and cleaning of rooms, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned that support core values.
- Education: Must be a high school graduate or its equivalent. Completion of the following competencies from an accredited training program.
- Chest and Abdomen
- Skull and Sinus
- Podiatric Radiography or Bone Densitometry
- Skills: Able to promote a strong commitment towards achieving outstanding internal and external customer satisfaction and superior patient experience. Must be able to understand directions (written and verbal), communicate and respond to inquiries; requires effective interpersonal skills. Must be able to demonstrate good judgment in a fast-paced environment.
- Years of Experience: N/A
- License: Must present a current GXMO, Ohio Department of Health (General X-Ray Machine Operator) licensure at time of employment.
- Certification: Must present a current BLS (CPR) course card from the AHA at time of employment.
- Skills: Demonstrate basic computer skills.
- Years of Experience: Previous experience in patient care in a healthcare setting.
- Physical Demands: Must be able to move about the department and between workstations. Must be able to regularly turn, maneuver, push, pull or lift medium to heavy equipment, supplies and patients.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organizational headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace