Technical Risk Analytics Manager
Location: Flexible (Within Australia)
Type: 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
At QBE, our purpose is to enable a more resilient future.
We’re an international insurer and reinsurer with a local presence in 27 countries.
Leveraging our deep expertise and insights, QBE offers commercial, personal and specialty products and risk management solutions to help people and businesses manage risks, build strength and embrace change to their advantage.
We’ve been cultivating resilience since 1886, when our founders started a marine insurance company in Townsville, Australia to give early pioneers a safeguard against uncertainty.
Today, we employ more than 11,600 people around the world, and our product portfolio includes property, motor, crop, energy, marine and aviation insurance.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Manager in Technical Risk Analytics to join the QBE Insurance team on a 12 Month Fixed Term Contract. As a key team member of the Technical Risk Team, you will be responsible for supporting and facilitating development and maintenance of, and reporting on, the Risk Management Framework within the AUSPAC division. This includes the systems, processes and people that identify, assess, mitigate and monitor internal and external sources of material risk.
- Support the development of insurance risk reporting & dashboard creation
- Facilitate the development of scenarios across the organization
- Apply judgement in contextualizing activities around pricing, reserving and aggregations management to understand key risks;
- Plan, execute and document model reviews for relevant pricing, reserving and cat models;
- Support the CRO and wider team in the execution of bespoke risk reviews in relevant insurance risk areas;
Your story so far
You are a well-versed Manager in Technical Risk Analytics with demonstrated success of at least 3-4 years’ experience within an insurance risk management role in the Financial / Insurance Services industry. You have strong skills in facilitation at all levels, and capable of representing a team or function in a range of internal forums. In addition to this, you have strong skills in influencing management and developing relationships with key stakeholders, as well as excellent written and verbal communication and the ability to manage and resolve conflict.
- An understanding of insurance with elements of pricing, underwriting, and reserving
- Power BI (Preferred)
- Dashboarding experience
We are here to support you
We offer a range of benefits to help provide holistic support for your work life, whatever your circumstances. As a QBE employee you will have access to and benefit from:
- ‘Hybrid Working’ – a mix of working from home and in the office to enhance your work/life balance
- Our ‘Thriving at Our Best’ wellbeing program, including free holistic wellbeing coaching, nutritional, confidential counselling, financial and legal advice
- 12 weeks’ gender-equal flexible leave for all new parents, including paid super
- The ability to maximise retirement savings through voluntary super contributions and company matching
- Income protection insurance & reimbursed Death and Total Permanent Disability insurance premiums
- Additional leave and support through QBE’s Family Domestic Violence First Responder Network
- Discounts on insurance products, car hire, hotels, goods and services including benefits through our various sports and arts sponsorship partners
We value our employee’s experience with us and are proud to have been recognised for the following awards:
- 2021 LinkedIn Top Employer & HRD Employer of Choice
- 2020 Best Workplace Diversity & Inclusion and Excellence Award for Best Health & Wellbeing at the Australian HR Awards
- Gold Employer status for 2019-2022 Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) – the definitive national benchmark on LGBTQI+ workplace inclusion
- Ranked 6th place in the AAGE Top Graduate Employers 2021 as voted by graduates
- Top 20 Workplaces for Dads in 2019 and 2020 (HBF Direct Advice for Dads)
- Family Friendly Accredited since 2021
Click APPLY to submit your application. Successful applicants will need to complete work rights, police and credit checks through our online provider as a condition of employment.
QBE takes a risk and compliance approach to COVID-19 vaccination and strongly encourages our employees to be vaccinated. Some roles require COVID-19 vaccination to perform the role. When relevant we will ask you to share your vaccination status as part of the application process. We won’t be able to progress with applications where candidates choose not to disclose their status for roles that require vaccination in line with our risk and compliance approach.
QBE recognise the value of diverse perspectives and experience. We are committed to an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected for who they are. If we can provide support with access requirements, alternative work arrangements or you would like to connect with one of our networks please contact us at .