Last year alone, HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours impacting our communities. As a(an) Nurse Manager of Pediatrics and Med Surg with Medical City Dallas, you can be a manager in an organization that is devoted to giving!
Medical City Dallas, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Nurse Manager of Pediatrics and Med Surg. We care for our communities and employees! HCA Hope Fund in fourteen years reached a historic milestone: $50 million in help to our colleagues in need. Last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Manager for Pediatrics accepts responsibility for all department functions in support of the mission, vision, values and facility goals. The manager is an RN and accepts responsibility for critical thinking decisions within the scope of the Registered Nurse Practice Act.
- Accept responsibility for patient safety of the pediatric clinical practice environment.
- Integrate the management of information and effective communication skills in daily practice.
- Build on the ANA Standards of Care and Standards of Professional Practice .
- Serve as liaison to foster a partnership with the patient and significant others.
- Construct decisions to support the continuity of care and the coordination of care across the care settings.
- Recognize the role of the manager to maintain high quality age & developmental specific care for the infant to adolescent.
- Create Pediatric Department specific initiatives and process improvement.
- Integrate collaborative practice and working relationships with all members of the healthcare team.
- Accept responsibility for management of multiple levels of personnel (including supervisory positions), payroll, budget, capital, business plan, and physician relationships.
- Serve as liaison for hospital, community and other institutions.
- Organize / Supervise human and material resources.
- Other duties as assigned.
What qualifications you will need:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, required
- Advanced degree, preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years management experience to include management of personnel, payroll, budgets, capital, business planning, marketing, supervisory positions, and physician relations, preferred.
- Current RN license for the State of Texas or compact license
- Current American Heart Association or American Red Cross BLS provider
- Effective 1/1/2014 PALS required within 6 months of hire or transfer
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Medical City Dallas is recognized for its advanced medical facilities and commitment to excellence in patient care. We are an 895+ bed tertiary care center. Our medical team consists of more than 1,500 physicians, many are recognized as the world's best in their specialties. Patients travel to Medical City Dallas from all over the United States and from other countries. We offer sophisticated treatment by our 400+ in-house physician specialists. Medical City Dallas has a full-service adult hospital and pediatric hospital. We have separate adult and pediatric emergency rooms, outpatient clinics and diagnostic centers. Our providers have access to state-of-the-art technology and are pioneering new medical procedures to accommodate patient needs. As a part of the Medical City network of hospitals, patients are ensured access to leading medical experts and advanced healthcare innovations across the network.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Become a manager with an organization that invests in your career while giving to the community. We are seeking distinguished applicants for our Nurse Manager of Pediatrics and Med Surg opening. Help HCA Healthcare create healthier tomorrows for patients and communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.