Under general supervision, maintains and oversees all Frac Water Services equipment during the rigging up to ensure they are working properly and safely, and according to the specific requirements of the customer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determines equipment and best method to rig up according to the package selected by the customer
- With the assistance of other Operators and Helper unloads and assembles the equipment to be used, sets up the service unit and initiates the rig up.
- Rig up up/down transfer pipe
- Ensure drains and air reliefs are installed in proper places
- Operate transfer pumps
- Monitor water levels in frac tanks
- Operate discharge manifolds
- Safely handle hoses of various sizes (3", 4", 6", & 8")
- Operate filtration units
- Work schedule will generally be 12 hour shifts, 7 days a week until job is completion. Personnel should also be available on short notice for performing work duties
- Is familiar with correct procedures and performs basic routine equipment maintenance in preparation for next job. Cleans and checks tools and equipment
- Performs routine readings of equipment during rigging up to ensure equipment is performing according to customers' requirements while maintaining a safe operation at all times
- Observes safe working practices, safety rules and regulations. Complies with Company safety policies and procedures. Initiates Job Safety Analysis safety procedures prior to the rig up and safety meeting/tailgate meetings. Corrects obvious hazards immediately or report to Field Supervisor if not immediately correctable to gain assistance
- Attends in-house and/or outside training seminars to acquire basic knowledge of OSHA and Company safety programs and policies.
- Acts to develop TETRA services in becoming a "Best-In-Class" service provider by working to ensure seamless operations as viewed by the customer
- Promotes Company Image by ensuring facilities and vehicles are clean and maintained. Coveralls and safety gear are clean and have only appropriate signage
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Education: High School Diploma or general education degree (GED) and two to three years of job related work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance manuals, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability speak and effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situation to customers and other employees of the organization
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with and solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in standardized situations
- Pass the required physical examination and drug screen. MVR screen must comply with Company policy.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles, outdoor weather conditions and vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work near moving mechanical parts and work with explosives. The employee is occasionally exposed to work in high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and risk of radiation. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.Qualifications
EducationHigh School/GED (preferred)
Experience1 - 3 years: Entry Level (preferred)