DescriptionHourly Wage Estimate: $38.03 - $58.29 / hour
Learn more about the benefits offered for this job.
The estimate displayed represents the typical wage range of candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range.
Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Speech Therapist PRN today with Swedish Medical Center.
Swedish Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Speech Therapist PRN. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Speech Language Pathologist is responsible for evaluating patients, diagnosing disorders; planning, implementing and modifying treatment programs according to age appropriate needs. In addition to direct patient intervention, the Speech Pathologist is involved in the education of patient, family, caregivers, and staff regarding the patient’s communication, cognitive skills, and swallowing abilities. The Speech Pathologist may participate in student education and other related duties as required or assigned by supervisor. Equipment used may include, but is not limited to: computer, Vital Stim, electro larynx, audiometer, endoscope.
What qualifications you will need:
- The Speech Pathologist must have either a valid certificate of clinical competence issued by the American Speech Language Hearing Association (ASHA) and a Colorado License or if a Clinical Fellow, verification of initiation of certification with valid ASHA account number. Must complete Clinical Fellow Year (CFY) within 15 months of hire.
- BLS certification from American Heart Association or ARC required
- Masters degree or Doctorate in Speech Language Pathology from an accredited college or university.
- Hospital/Rehab experience preferred. CFY (Clinical Fellowship Year) candidates accepted.
- Able to perform all evaluations, assessment, treatment planning and test interpretation required in this position. Effective verbal and written communication. Must be competent or willing to be trained and receive competency in modified barium swallows. FEES (Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of the Swallow) experience desired but not required.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Certified Speech Language Hearing
- Masters Degree
- Speech Therapist, or Speech Pathologist
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Swedish Medical Center, part of HCA Healthcare’s HealthONE family of hospitals, is located in the south metro Denver area where it has been a proud member of the community for more than 110 years. An acute care hospital with 408 plus licensed beds, annually Swedish cares for more than 200,000 patients with a team of 2,000 dedicated employees, 500 volunteers and more than 1,400 physicians.
With stroke door to treatment times averaging just 20 minutes, faster than any other facility in the world, Swedish serves as the Rocky Mountain Region’s referral center for the most advanced stroke treatment. Swedish also serves as the region’s neurotrauma and orthopedic trauma provider and is the area’s only Level I trauma facility with a dedicated burn and reconstructive center.
Swedish Medical Center offers patients the highest quality care and the most advanced technologies and treatments in nearly every medical specialty including adult and pediatric emergency, heart care, neurology/neurosurgery, pregnancy and childbirth, orthopedics and joint replacement, cancer care, gastroenterology and liver care, gynecology and urology.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Speech Therapist PRN opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.