The Animal Emergency Centres (AECs) provide premier after hours vet care to sick and injured pets, and today it is a part of the largest emergency and specialist group in Australia, hosting the largest contingent of Emergency Veterinarians and Criticalists in the Country.
Our purpose is to save pets lives using the highest standards of emergency and critical care medicine and surgery, delivered professionally and compassionately.
We are seeking experienced and committed Emergency Vets to join our contingent of strong Emergency Vets! We work very closely with the other AEC sites, enabling us to offer industry-leading training, mentorship, and support for all new team members including supervised shifts and a modular induction program.
If you already have experience in ECC we offer a work environment that values your skill and knowledge with opportunities for continued professional development and career progression.
About Your Skills & Experience
- Veterinary degree available for registration in Victoria
- 2 or more years of experience
- Previous emergency veterinary experience highly desirable
- Ability to remain calm and show compassion in stressful situations
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, pet owners and referring veterinarians
- A genuine enjoyment of helping people and their pets when they need us most
Our Offer to You
- A permanent part-time, full-time or casual role – let us know how you like to work
- A stable team of passionate vets and nurses – our team members stay with us
- Industry-leading support and mentorship provided by experienced team leaders
- Strong Internal Continuing Education Program
- Career development and National Mentoring program: Let us know your area of interest and we can provide extra training and education through our Specialist network
- Annual Greencross Veterinary Symposium Conference
- Consultation Coaching provided by On Switch. We provide ongoing training sessions in the art of customer service and client communication.
- Staff discounts including at Petbarn and Greencross clinics.
- Relocation and Sponsorship for you and your family available – Pathway to Permanent Residency
- Ability to travel and locum for any AEC and Greencross Clinic if working holidays interest you.
- We support many Charity Volunteer Animal and Rescue groups
- An impressively stocked food pantry
- Paid Parental Leave, flexible working arrangements and back-to-work programs.
It is expected that all Emergency Vets are available on weekends and public holidays and we rotate these shifts to optimise fairness amongst the team wherever possible. Locum arrangements can also be discussed.