- Ready for a change? Embrace the thrill of Emergency!
- Option for a combined GP / Emergency Position
The Animal Referral Hospital was Australia’s first privately owned multi-disciplinary specialist hospital, and today it is a part of the largest emergency and specialist group in Australia, hosting the largest contingent of Emergency Veterinarians and Criticalists in the Country.
Due to a restructure at our ARH Wollongong hospital, we are seeking experienced and committed Emergency Vets to join our new Vet Director and new contingent of strong Emergency Vets! This is a co-location, meaning you will be working closely alongside your colleagues in the General Practice clinic. We are seeking to deliver the best Emergency care and practice to the Wollongong and greater Illawarra area.
About Your Skills & Experience
- Veterinary degree available for registration in NSW
- 2 or more years of experience
- Previous emergency veterinary experience highly desirable
- Ability to remain calm and show compassion in stressful situations
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, pet owners and referring veterinarians
- A genuine enjoyment of helping people and their pets when they need us most
Our Offer to You
- A permanent part-time, full-time or casual role – let us know how you like to work – You can even look at a combined GP / Emergency position.
- Strong Internal Continuing Education Program
- Career development and National Mentoring program: Let us know your area of interest and we can provide extra training and education through our Specialist network
- Annual Greencross Veterinary Symposium Conference
- Consultation Coaching provided by On Switch. We provide ongoing training sessions in the art of customer service and client communication.
- Personal memberships to Veterinary information networks and publications to stay to date
- Staff discounts including at Petbarn and Greencross clinics.
- Relocation and Sponsorship for you and your family available – Pathway to Permanent Residency
- Ability to travel and locum for any ARH and Greencross Clinic if working holidays interest you.
- We support many Charity Volunteer Animal and Rescue groups
- Paid Parental Leave, flexible working arrangements and back-to-work programs.
It is expected that all Emergency Vets are available on weekends and public holidays and we rotate these shifts to optimise fairness amongst the team wherever possible. Locum arrangements can also be discussed.