Job Title: Software Engineer : C Development for Automated Test Equipments , Windows
Must Skills: 5 to 7 years of relevant experience
· Visual Studio, C Programing for Industrial Automation Applications (Weightage :100%).
· Lab Windows CVI for Industrial Automation Applications (Weightage :100%).
Added advantage (optional only):
· Python for Image Processing application using AI /ML.
· C# for Industrial Automation Applications.
Following skills will not match our requirement and not much value add.
· PLC , SCADA Programmer .
· Embedded C,
· Lab View.
Roles and Responsibilities:
As a software engineer, your primary responsibility will be to develop software for new products and enhancements to existing products from requirement to deployment as part of a cross functional team involved in the development of software for automated test equipment. You are required to design, develop, test, troubleshoot, sustain and document software changes for new requirements and enhancements.
· Perform analysis, design and implementation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, processes, and product / program requirements
· Engage with global teams to effectively translate customer requirements to software requirements and identify potential solutions that are optimized to operate with in constraints of the product.
· Troubleshoot variety of complex software problems with respect to hardware integration.
· Provide timely status updates and proactive communications on issues to the stakeholders.
· Able to interact with internal and external stake holders regarding software issues.
· Contribute as part of teams put together to meet overall organization initiatives/objectives
· Have the ability and willingness to acquire in-depth understanding of domain and existing products (beyond software) and apply that knowledge to develop new products and to deliver enhancements/ fixes for customer requirements.
· Learn faster to script and troubleshoot test sequence using various exisiting internal software applications of Applied Materials with minimum supervision after training.
Experience, Skills and Educational Requirements:
· Background in software development for industrial automation products.
· 5 + years of experience in product software development
· Bachelor of Engineering degree in Computer Science/Information Science/Electronics/Electrical/Instrumentation with strong background in sofware development for industrial automation.
· Strong in C programming on variety of Windows platforms using Microsoft technologies for industrial automation products.
· Sound knowledge of C# and Python on understanding and upgrading existing applications.
· Sound knowledge of programming fundamentals – data structures, arrays, pointers, algorithms, operating system concepts.
· Excellent analytical and logical skills, methodical problem-solving skills and troubleshooting skills
· Prior experience of working in global teams and interfacing with multiple stake holders
· Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and the ability to interact with extended teams spread across the globe.
· Self-motivated and willing to learn new skills and technologies as needed
· Ability to meet objectives, goals, and deadlines with minimal supervision
· Knowledge of industrial communication standards like RS232, Modbus, DeviceNet, EtherCAT would be a plus
· Prior experience in developing software application for data acquisition, pneumatics, motion control and heaters from understanding the electrical shematics is an added advantage.
· Knowledge in NI-Lab windows CVI would be an added advantage.
Travel: Work may involve travel to the US, Europe, or within Asia (up to 15% of the time)
Flexibility: Work timing may be mostly second shift (2-11 PM IST) and can vary on the project needs. This role involves candidate to work from office on all working days.
We are the leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality. At Applied Materials, our innovations make possible the technology shaping the future
About the Division:
Central Test Engineering group is part of the World Wide Operations and is responsible for Design, Development, Test and Support of Automated Test Fixtures that is used to validate the modules of the Wafer Fabrication Equipment (WFE) built by Applied Materials or its suppliers.
Perform analysis, design and implementation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, processes, and product / program requirements.
Skills: Software Engineer, C Programming, Python, Visual Studio, Image Processing, Windows
Experience: 5.00-7.00 Years