Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
As a Lumen Field Sales Associate, you will be responsible for cold calling and prospecting, both on the phone and face-to-face, in a high activity sales model. You will manage and develop sales funnel and proactively monitor sales activity against assigned quota. You will provide exceptional customer service to all customers, both internal and external.
This position is based out of the Bonita Springs/Estero area.
Special note about this role:
This is a Field role, and most of your time will be spent out in the Field in the City or State that is listed in the job posting.
This is NOT a 100% Work from Home role. Any tasks or duties that need to be performed other than Field assignments, can be done from home, and that is the extent of the Work from Home possibilities for this job.The Main Responsibilities
- Activate the sales strategy for the market area
- Responsible for cold calling and prospecting, both on the phone and face-to-face, in a high activity sales model
- Daily/weekly business reporting and accurate documentation of sales activity are required.
- Acquire and integrate industry knowledge related to general trends, emerging technologies, & competitors
- Use a consultative sales approach to understand customer's business needs, issues, strategies, and priorities to deliver a value-adding business solution
- Manage and develop sales funnel and proactively monitor sales activity against assigned quota
- Become an expert in the competitive environment and be able to communicate regarding competitive offerings while effectively positioning Lumen as the best technology choice for assigned prospects/customers
- Provide exceptional customer service to all customers, both internal and external. Complete daily activity logs, sales reports, etc.
- Consult with customers to gather information and make recommendations for their communication and entertainment needs
- Manage mileage and expense reports within allocated budget
- Develop proficiency in assigned product sub-set into your assigned Multi-tenant unit (MTU) buildings
- Become proficient in systems, use cases, and product offers for sales quoting and ordering
- Consult, multi-task, and problem solve with the customers which includes handling customer concerns
- Maintain and improve speed, accuracy, and quality results by adhering to standards and guidelines
- Participate in community and industry-related events to further develop the opportunities to procure new business
- Bachelor's degree (preferred but not required) or equivalent education with typically 1+ years' sales experience
- Possess excellent communication skills and can develop and deliver meaningful and concise presentations
- Able to execute with a high level of ethics and integrity in a challenging and ever-changing environment
- Self-motivated and highly disciplined
- Have the positive attitude, energy and determination required to translate daily customer interactions into new sales
- Possess a strong knowledge to overcome customer objections
- Ability to analyze, comprehend, and translate numbers and reporting into actionable plans to meet or exceed monthly sales quota
- Valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record required
Based on your job application information you may be given the opportunity to complete an online assessment immediately after applying. Completion of the online assessment is a requirement to be considered for our open position. Now not a good time? No worries, we will also send you an email with a link to complete the assessment. We strongly recommend that you complete this within 5 days of your application date.
Requisition #: 324619
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary RangeSalary Min :
32805Salary Max :
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here.
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.
Salary RangeSalary Min :
32805Salary Max :
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection process.