- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures, complying with legal regulations
- Monitor and review Engineering KPIs to ensure strategic objectives are met at a BU level and at regional level
- Identify gaps or areas for development to improve performance. Work in a proactive way to identify the best solution to resolve problems, act to minimise delays, motivates and drives self and team to complete actions. Relentless focus on delivery performance in a safe manner.
- Provide ongoing feedback, mentoring, advice and coaching to direct reports, supporting skill development, continuous improvement, and increased competencies through an effective performance management framework.
- Apply focus to embed change and best practice consistently. Drive initiatives that improve safety & efficiency and reduce costs and CO2 emission
- Through excellent communication, process improvements and safety culture, this role must be an ambassador for Health & Safety in the workplace and set clear expectations for the team. Also drives performance to achieve environmental goals of the company
- Analyse and respond to business information to design and implement Engineering improvements that remedy underperformance and respond to improvement opportunities.
- Identify opportunities for change and lead continuous improvement initiatives.
- Identify and conceptualise automation, software & technology initiatives that will enhance working efficiency, safety, compliances and in monitoring and analysis. Encourage feedbacks through effective involvement of team and drive solution with the concerned team, then assist, support and contribute in design, development & implementation
- Set objectives and manage performance of teams and monitor and report performance on an ongoing basis
- Set performance indicators for direct reports and measure against performance.
- Drive business units to adhere to organisational Engineering policies and procedures and update all stakeholders on changes on a timely manner
- Ensure Engineering data accuracy across businesses. Provide timely reports on key performance and productivity trends within the region
- Establishing and maintaining proper SOP and RA for Engineering
- Regularly assess and review infrastructure, equipment and resource capabilities and strategically plan remedy gaps so as to meet organizational goals on short- and long-term basis
- Assist BU and region in annual & long-term Engineering/ ROE budgeting process (including annual, 5 year plans etc) with well thought out work plans, clear forecasts & estimates. Implement, monitor and review regional/BU wise budgets.
- Support and contribute in business development initiatives, new projects with Engineering expertise.
- Balancing organisational planning strategies with current and future Engineering requirements
- To support and implement new systems/processes to ensure continued improvement. And Assist in the development, and promotion of efficient systems
- Develop and monitor corrective action program(s) to mitigate identified high risk operations by determining the needed course of action and working directly with business unit(s) in the implementation of the risk reduction controls.
- Carry out other duties, consistent with skills and experience, as directed by the reporting Manager
- Guide the business units in annual budgeting exercise for Engineering expenditure, if required.
- Review and monitor Risk Registers and BCP for in co-ordination with the Internal Audit team.
Key responsibilities * Maintain safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures, complying with legal regulations * Monitor and review Engineering KPIs to ensure strategic objectives are met
Experience: 5.00-8.00 Years