Job no: 939258
Work type: Permanent / Full time, Permanent / Part time
Location: Castle Hill, Chatswood, Liverpool, Parramatta, Sydney City, Adelaide City, Chadstone, Doncaster, Eastland, Fountain Gate, Melbourne City, Southland, Carousel, Garden City, Morley, Support Office - Docklands
Uniformed Loss Prevention Officer
Not all superhero’s wear capes, our Loss Prevention superhero’s proudly show up in Security Officer uniforms!
Being part of Loss Prevention means being part of a passionate team that deliver results. It means “doing what’s right” and proactively working against those who don’t share our same values. As a Loss Prevention Officer, you work closely with the Covert team across the entire store, you’re active in contributing ideas, you work strategically (and safely) to drive down shrinkage and you protect profit. It’s safe to say, no two crime fighting days are ever quite the same!
For the first time, Myer are looking to develop motivated team members into uniformed security officers within our stores. We will financially support your training and licensing requirements to get you job ready in a full time, waged role. Not only could this be the next step in your retail career, but who knows what opportunities could await you from here?
So, what does a day in the life look like?
- Sharing your loss prevention know how to our store team members as “eyes and ears” on the ground
- Identifying loss prevention trends and communicating them to the team, further developing the loss prevention strategy
- Working with internal and external partners (including local Police Officers) to drive shrinkage reduction
- Using various tools such as CCTV, merchandise protection, source tagging and other in store technologies to support our mission
- Being compliant in people interactions and incident reporting
- Overall, you are a key contributor to driving a culture of shrinkage minimisation
So, what about you?
- You’re respectful, act with integrity and genuine by nature
- Be willing to obtain a security license (with financial support from Myer)
- Can understand the need to follow policies and procedures
- Have experience in using basic Microsoft applications
- Are able to demonstrate strong communication skills
- Be ambitious and passionate about a career in retail
So, who is the next superhero?
Looks like you are!
Aust. Working Rights: To be eligible to apply for this job, you must have Australian working rights. For further information contact the Australian Department of Immigration.
Equal Opp. Employer: We pride ourselves on the diversity of the people who work at Myer, representing the community in which we serve.
Agency note: Myer Pty Ltd does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles from external agencies or suppliers via any method. Any candidates submitted in an unsolicited manner, will be considered a direct candidate application to Myer and no fee will be payable.
Applications close: 07 Feb 2023 AUS Eastern Daylight Time