About the role
We're looking for an experienced and enthusiastic professional to take the next step in their career development and say YES to a role of Assistant Store Manager at our Highpoint (Maribyrnong) store.
As an Assistant Manager you encourage and empower your team in providing customers with a quality experience in the Optus store! You're the central support person for your store manager that you will work in collaboration with. You know your stuff and help to own an efficient and successful business, whilst developing your organisational and leadership skills. Supporting to improve your team’s performance through dedication to their personal development and through your supportive coaching and mentoring style. Always leading by example and supporting in creating a fun, inspiring and customer-committed atmosphere in the store!
- Customer Focus through managing service expectations, interactions, issues and outcomes within company guidelines through effective leadership, personal example and team upskilling.
- Improving Performance through effective development, outlining specific and measurable team objectives, assuming accountability and ownership when store manager is absent.
- Effective Leadership through being a role model in exemplary work ethics, customer service and alignment to Optus values, personal and team development, rewarding, recognition and celebrating success.
- Supporting Coaching and Development of highly engaged team based on result and ability, service outcomes, Optus standards and application of effective organisational change.
- Leads by example through drive and ambition to make the team perform at the highest level of results, providing good outcomes and customer service.
- Inspiring and highly engaged individual who motivates and encourages others to do their best, builds a welcoming and highly energised atmosphere for customers and team alike.
- A supportive mentor with ability to coach store team, offering integrity, and building on experience to offer support and guidance.
- An adaptable individual who can effectively prioritise time and effort in order to maximise results, handle customer outcomes and business expectations.
This isn’t just your next job, this is your chance to have new challenges and opportunities to deliver the best in class every day. We want you to succeed and be thrilled to come to work and commit to investing in you as a person. We remunerate based on performance and continuous value adding. On top of your salary, we offer bonus structure and discounts on Optus products and services. We also pride ourselves on maintaining an outstanding culture. We provide ongoing mentoring, development and career growth opportunities, a great work environment, social events, and health and well-being focus.