The Referral Specialist is the first point of contact for patients being referred for services. The position will demonstrate superior interpersonal skills in all interactions. Additional duties include insurance verification, obtaining authorizations as needed, initial scheduling of appointment and registration.
Come join a remarkable team where quality care meets quality service, in every dimension, every time.
#JoinTeamAubergine #NovantHealth Let Novant Health be the destination for your professional growth.
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing remarkable healthcare to our patients, families and communities. Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to our exciting career opportunities.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED, required.
- Experience: Minimum two years healthcare related experience preferred.
- Additional Skills (required): Human relations and interpersonal skills necessary for interacting sponsors and staff. Proficient in Microsoft Office Products and typing. Attention to detail and accuracy necessary. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent telephone etiquette. Working knowledge of information systems and work queue management. Excellent analytical and time management skills. Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as a team. Ability to prioritize and problem solving skills, with demonstrated competency in applying regulatory knowledge to compliance and quality assurance program. Able to meet multiple deadlines for concurrent projects. Knowledge and assessment skills to meet protocol and regulatory requirements. Ability to drive/travel to multiple locations/facilities as needed.
- Additional Skills (preferred): Provide own transportation to clinics, hospitals and associated agencies as required. Manual dexterity, prolonged standing or sitting. Able to lift light to medium weight objects which may be bulky and awkward. Ability to travel to developmental, educational and promotion activities. Physical and mental stamina required to function effectively in an environment with multiple fluctuating priorities. Ability to communicate effectively with individuals of all cultures and levels of authority. Exposure to hazardous materials (study agents, biohazards, pathology specimens).
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of ""First Do No Harm"".
Welcome to Novant Health
We are an integrated system of physician practices, hospitals, outpatient centers, and more – each element committed to delivering a remarkable healthcare experience for you and your family. With world-class technology, personal connections, and care that’s easier to access and understand, Novant Health is with you every step of the way on your journey to health and wellness.
Remarkable care - We are welcoming a new era in healthcare where achieving good health is just the beginning. We believe in caring for the whole person by getting to know you, having conversations and making connections with our patients. Combining the talent and expertise of our people, the breadth of capabilities across our system, and a commitment to helping you get better and stay healthy is how we are making healthcare remarkable. You can read about some of our remarkable moments here.
Ease and convenience - Novant Health is there when and where you need us. We are working to make healthcare easy to access, easy to schedule and easy to understand. We are bringing the ease and convenience that you enjoy in other aspects of your lives to the healthcare experience because we believe that healthcare doesn’t have to be confusing, difficult or disconnected. Start taking control of your health by visiting MyChart.
Community wellness - Our promise is to deliver remarkable healthcare. Part of that promi