Employment Equity Coordinator
2022-09-21 Gauteng - Sandton
Job Ref #: BSH-94
Industry: Motor Industry
Job Type: Permanent
Positions Available: 1
The HR team is currently in search of someone who will achieve and implement equity in workplace by promoting equal opportunity and fair treatment in employment through elimination of unfair discrimination and implementing affirmative action measures to redress the disadvantaged in employment.
• Define, own and lead the Employment Equity imperatives in close partnership and collaboration with Directors, Management and HR Practitioner in line with overall group EE Strategy.
• EE related consultations and implementation initiatives to drive and support attainment of EE Strategy and Targets.
• Keep track of engagements in accordance with EEA and EE Strategy.
• Legislated forum meetings: Preparation of EE reports in EEA formats including leading meetings of annual EE Annual submissions with Skills Development Manager, HR Managers and HR Director.
• Perform operational duties to fulfil EEA requirements of reporting, analysis, insights, and Functional Targets.
• Continuously review and improve our EE processes by undertaking regular reviews and assisting in reviews, administrative systems, and procedures.
• Ensure the accuracy of information by regularly conducting checks and sample audits as appropriate.
• Liaising and partnering with HR Practitioners on development plans to support, impact and drive the success of our EE targets and strategy.
• Tracking employee development for EE purposes and workplace profile statistics.
• Custodianship of EE data in accordance with the EEA.
• Tracking employee movements and workplace profile statistics.
• Ensuring reconciliation of data with various systems for accuracy.
• Advising and influencing functional Directors of EE status and gaps.
• Manage relationships with Department of Labour by Reporting, keeping abreast of new developments, advising, and partnering with business and implementing new requirements.
• To be fully aware of reward practices of direct and indirect competitors and market practice and share knowledge as appropriate.
• Support the Talent Management and Succession Planning, Organization Design and Development insights and analytics throughout the group.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Experience in an HR Generalist or Specialist role.
• 5+ years plus experience working in an Employment Equity and Skills Development role.
• Expert knowledge and application of the Employment Equity Act and advantageous to have demonstrated experience in, BBB-EE Act, BBB-EE Codes of Good Practice.
• Experience with the driving Diversity and Inclusion Initiatives in support of EE in the workplace.
• Understand the EE, LRA, BCEA, SDA and SDLA legislation.
• Compilation of business employment equity targets and reports.
• Strong analytical ability: comfortable with metrics and able to drive others towards data driven decisions.
• Project or program management experience- Strong IT literacy with good MS Excel, MS Word and MS Power Point skills.
• Strong exposure to systems and reporting.
• Demonstrated Experience in implementing Employment Equity Strategies aligned to Business Imperatives.
• Relationship skills across leadership levels within the organisation.
• Adaptable and flexible solution-based thinking.
• Highly numerate and Advanced Excel skills - comfortable with financial data.
Technical / Professional Qualifications:
• Educated to at least first-degree level (or equivalent)
• HR / Industrial Psychology Degree or equivalent 3-year HR Qualification.
• Experience as and EE practitioner.