About Laing O’Rourke
Laing O’Rourke is a $6 billion international operation with over 50 years of involvement in Australian construction and infrastructure including more than a decade under the Laing O’Rourke banner. We are currently delivering some of Australia’s most exciting projects across the transport, building construction, defence, airports, mining, civil and social infrastructure sectors. Laing O’Rourke is committed to becoming the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry. Laing O’Rourke is proud to hold the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) Citation - Employer of Choice for Gender Equality.
About the role
Laing O’Rourke has recently been appointed as Managing Contractor for the Initial Works and Early Works package of Suburban Rail Loop; the huge package of works includes preparing sites for the launch of tunnel boring machines, moving and protecting underground services, ground improvement, geotechnical investigations and roads modifications for this city-shaping project.
We are currently seeking Environmental Advisors to join the iconic Suburban Rail Loop project. This permanent role offers great career prospects with a privately-owned tier 1 constructor and international engineering enterprise.
- Support the Senior Environmental Advisor/Environmental Leader/HSE Manager to ensure that the project correctly implements the Environmental Management Plan (EMP) and complies with legislative and contractual environmental obligations
- Assisting with the preparation of reports and providing this feedback at construction meetings
- Reporting of events, actions and tracking metrics in Impact and other project tools
- Assisting with reporting on the progress of environmental compliance and sustainability initiatives
- Monitoring the progress of environmental and sustainability targets and ensure that any required actions are initiated
- Undertaking site inspections, issue corrective actions and track closure
- A tertiary qualification in Environment related studies (BEnvSc, BEnvMan, BSc, BEnvEng or equivalent degree)
- Experience dealing with Environmental and industry based governing bodies
- Show a level of commercial awareness and an understanding of business
- Demonstrates leadership skills and ensure behaviours are in accordance with the Laing O’Rourke’s and the project’s values
- Required to keep abreast of environmental legislation, compliance and reporting requirements
We work hard to create an environment that brings out the best in our people. We believe in building careers through providing a safe, connected and innovative culture that supports ongoing growth and development. We offer industry-leading benefits such as specialised learning and development programs, a mental health and wellbeing program, industry leading paid parental leave policy, family friendly work practices, additional purchased leave option and coaching programs for staff on parental leave.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diverse society in which we live and work. We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work arrangements and family friendly work practices to enable and maintain a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce.
As a proud RAP organisation, Laing O'Rourke is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.