There are two different types of glasses wearers in this world those who see it as a chore, and those who see it as an opportunity. Those who consider glasses to be more of an accessory than a necessity know that there is no power quite like a pair of fun glasses.
It’s hard to argue with the stand out looks of Bono, Elton John, Steve Jobs, Johnny Depp or even the great Sir Winston Churchill, right?
Well, if you’re a Retail Fashion sales legend and you 'get' the power of glasses to change a person’s life like we do – and if you’re bit of a ‘customer whisperer’ we’d love to meet you!
We're Eyecare Sunraysia (soon to be Quinn & Co Eyecare) and right now, we're looking for a unique individual who wants to step up, professionally, to work across our two locations - on Langtree Ave. and Mildura Plaza.
You're already a charmer on the store floor - but maybe you want something a bit more professional. A career that is respected. And a qualification that you can proudly talk about.
You'll need some technical capability (we'll train you) but we’re looking for that special person who loves customer interaction and thrives in an environment of giving them the very best they deserve. Somebody who isn’t afraid to make upgrade recommendations and loves seeing customers walking out of the store with the biggest smile of delight on their (newly accessorised) faces.
What’s in it for you?
Well, you’ll be joining a well-established and reputable independent practice in Mildura. You'll be an important member of the team, making an impact. And recognised. After probation you'll be put through the Cert IV in Optical Dispensing - giving you a well respected and nationally-recognised qualification.
We're definitely on the lookout for an 'Achiever'.
You’ll be supported by an experienced team of optometrists and optical dispensers who are committed to providing the highest quality of care and exceptional customer service. Using the latest technology, you'll be part of a team that focuses on providing comprehensive eye health assessments, diagnosing and co-managing eye disease and tending to all sorts of eye emergencies. Important stuff!
On a daily basis your new role will see you:
- Apply your sales and (emerging) 'dispensing' skills to provide customers (patients) with the most suitable eyewear solutions for their lifestyle;
- Place frame, lens and sundry stock orders;
- Ensure necessary stock is ordered and delivered in a timely manner;
- Assist with lens fittings and checking of jobs received (quality control) from suppliers;
- Ensure customers (patients) leave the store with the biggest smiles on their dial - not only because of their new glasses but also because of your exceptional inter-personal skills;
- Contribute to process improvement and reinforcement of our 'growth' culture.
To be in the running for this role, we'd love it if you could demonstrate:
- Outstanding retail sales and customer service skills;
- A personality that is 'gravitational';
- An affinity for eyewear - think Ray.Ban, Oakley, Prada, etc.;
- A thirst for learning;
- A history of achievement - Black belt? Marathon runner? Community leader? Crowd funder?
- A preparedness to take this career opportunity... and run hard with it!
Sound like you? Then why not introduce yourself, in complete confidence. Build your profile in our unique platform, complete a quick culture assessment and we'll be in touch!
We're open to relocating the right person for this role and welcome applications from any person suitably qualified and of the right temperament.
P.S. If you're already an Optical Dispenser but stuck in a store that's boring you to death, we'd love to hear from you too!
P.P.S. Under current legislation it is a requirement that you be double-vaccinated and have received the booster shot against Covid-19 to be able to work here.
All applications will be acknowledged. All applicants will be advised the outcome of their application.