Want to work in a brand-new state-of-the-art Theatre? Do you have strong technical ability and people management skills? We want to hear from you!
Featuring striking architecture and exquisite interiors, the multi-mode Sydney Coliseum Theatre is the first of its kind in the rapidly growing region of Greater Western Sydney. Located within the exciting dining, health, accommodation and entertainment destination of West HQ, 5 minutes from the apex of the M7 and M4, Sydney Coliseum Theatre is well positioned to welcome entertainment lovers from Sydney and beyond.
With a 2,000 seat auditorium, 3 stunning foyers, 7 bars, multiple entertaining areas, VIP Suite, large rehearsal room and on site commercial kitchen, Sydney Coliseum Theatre can accommodate theatrical performances, concert events, filming, banquet and corporate events, conferences and more.
About the role:
Reporting into the Technical Manager, the Technical Supervisor-Staging, will establish the safe and consistent operation of the venue through the installation, rehearsal and performance periods. They will be required to supervise local & touring crews.
The successful candidate will:
- Take accountability for the execution and delivery of all staging requirements for all events and productions.
- Ensure that the theatre is maintained and presented to a professional standard.
- Conduct daily safety checks and resolve any defects and issues.
- Establish safe and consistent operation of the staging equipment from load-in/out, to rehearsals and performances.
- Act as the Chief or Deputy Fire Warden in an emergency.
- Deliver procedures and practices to comply with safety requirements.
- Attend training, professional development activities, production and staff meetings as required.
- Undertake any other duties and assist other departments as needed.
What will you need to be considered?
- Demonstrated experience in an equivalent role.
- Experience operating theatre technical equipment and power tools as required.
- Exceptional WH&S knowledge, including risk management.
- Have practical knowledge of staging equipment.
- Strong knowledge of single-purchase counterweight flying and entertainment rigging.
- Ability to manage small and large teams of production staff and contractors, ensuring schedules and safety standards are met.
- Capable of carrying out manual handling tasks and comfortable working at heights.
- Have demonstrated ability to work with creative and technical personnel, artists and performers.
- Ability to provide technical advice and support to the broader company as required.
- Excellent time management and attention to detail.
- Experience managing external technical suppliers to deliver events and performances on time and on budget.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing situations and work under pressure using tact, diplomacy and flexibility.
- Carpentry and metalwork skills are an advantage.
- Basic knowledge of Computer Aided Drawing software (CAD), ability to read and interpret plans.
- Must have a dogging and basic rigging ticket (or willingness to obtain).
- Must have First Aid and CPR (or willingness to obtain).
We saved the best until last! Not only will you be working at Sydney's leading landmark destination for entertainment, fitness, lifestyle & accommodation in the Western Sydney region, we would also like to provide you with:
- Generous Salary
- Free Gym Membership to the largest fitness facilities in Western Sydney, ONE55!
- Complimentary lunch or dinner
- Ongoing discounts on accommodation, restaurants and sport & recreation programs
- Access to our corporate health fund
- A 'sweet' Rewards & Recognition Program for all team members and GREAT staff offers!
- Unlimited career development and professional growth opportunities
- Free secure parking
To learn more about Sydney Coliseum Theatre visit: