Why work with us:
- Great work-life balance
- Part-time permanent position;
- Hourly rate of $30.46
- Travel time and km's paid between customers at 92 cents per km
- Attractive salary packaging options (up to $15,900 per year tax-free) and an additional $2,650 for Meals and Entertainment
- A mobile phone for business use
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program- Independent confidential counselling service
- Make a positive difference as a member of a passionate, collaborative team;
Chorus is a WA-based organisation with close to 1000 team members and volunteers who support seniors, people on the mental health recovery journey, and those living with a disability. Our purpose is to enable people to live the life they choose at home and in the community. We’ve designed a structure that focuses less on management and hierarchy and more on the things that matter - relationships, customers, and communities! Our network of small local teams enables Chorus people to be more connected to each other and feel a sense of belonging.
About the role
We are currently looking for Support Workers to join our team. The purpose of this role is to support seniors and NDIS customers to remain in their homes. This role is based in Joondalup and surrounding areas. You will work alongside customers with varying support needs to provide tailored person-centered services and activities of their choice.
This is what you will need:
- Certificate III Individual Support - Aged Care or Disability, or other relevant qualification (or working towards obtaining qualification within 12 months)
- Experience working with seniors, people on the mental health recovery journey, and those living with disability
- Great communication skills which you will use to interact with a diverse range of customers, their families, carers, community agencies, and other professionals
- Enthusiastic and engaging with customers
- Willing to work with male & female clients
- Mental Health First Aid Qualified favourable
- Understanding of professional boundaries and privacy and confidentiality issues
- Willing and able to provide domestic assistance services
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Good written communication, computer & mobile device skills
- A proactive approach to the safety and well-being of yourself and your customers
- Current Australian Drivers Licence with no restrictions
- Reliable and roadworthy motor vehicle to travel to customer's homes and assist them to access the community
- Comprehensive motor vehicle insurance and registration
- NDIS Worker Screening Check (or willingness to apply for one prior to commencing employment)
- Current First Aid Certificate with 12 months or less currency (or willing to apply)
Interested in working with us?
Please submit your application online, including your current résumé.
Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Chorus isan equal opportunity employer. Applicants from a variety of cultural and linguistic origins, as well as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTQIA+ persons, and those with disabilities, are encouraged to apply.