Purpose of the Position
The Training and Development Specialist is responsible for the conduct of training and assessment and ensuring that training is planned, prepared, delivered, and ensuring consistency of training content and delivery throughout the port in a cost-effective manner. Specialists are required to work closely with customer airlines to ensure compliance and alignment of training and to report changes and updates to the coordinator.
The Training and Development Specialist will manage a program of training through a combination of administrative, classroom-based, on the job training, and e-learning systems ensuring compliance with industry standards and the requirements in the VET (Vocational Education and Training) Quality Framework for Registered Training Organisations (RTO).
- Delivery of a customer centric training and development operation including the administration, organisation and coordination of all training programs, orientation, induction, staff competency training and evaluate the appropriateness and effectiveness of these training programs consistent with industry standards;
- Manage significant stakeholder engagement and consultation to ensure the delivery of a wide range of stakeholder expectations, diverse interests and demands;
- Monitor the quality of training preparation, delivery, and assessment of all courses conducted working closely with Subject Matter Experts and the Training and Development Coordinator;
- Develop and provide feedback and reporting on critical training delivery to Training and Development Coordinator;
- Perform regular audits to ensure the consistent application of approved programmes, maintenance of training records and ongoing adherence to the Standards for VET & RTO requirements;
- Coach and mentor SME’s providing training and assessment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of competency-based training and assessment, including the ability to plan, manage and implement training solutions;
- Highly developed communication skills both written and oral and negotiation skills;
- Record of achievement in building and fostering relationships with key stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability facilitate and implement a variety of training programs;
- Thorough knowledge of key aspects of relevant operations;
- Sound understanding of program evaluation techniques and adult learning principles;
- Internal Subject Matter Expert Training Qualification (or equivalent) or willingness to attain within an agreed period;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft suite including word and PowerPoint;
- Willing to complete a full pre-employment medical/Drug and Alcohol testing along with a satisfactory security clearance (ASIC).
- Previous experience in or knowledge of airline industry principles and procedures.
dnata Pty Limited is culturally diverse and inclusive workplace, successful applicants will be contacted within two weeks of the closing date.