- Dynamic not-for-profit organisation
- Salary Packaging benefits up to $15,900 annually to maximise your take home pay
- Multiple positions on offer
- Bupa Health Insurance & Goodlife Health Club discounts
Are you ready to make a change?
Just one hour from Adelaide, Goolwa has some of the best beaches South Australia has to offer. A beautiful coastal town, with fantastic cafes and only 15 minutes to the centre of Victor Harbor. If you're looking for a sea change this could be the opportunity for you!
About the role
As an Enrolled Nurse you will deliver high-quality nursing care while supervising and guiding personal care workers. Together, you’ll help to improve resident quality of life.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Promoting independence and helping residents regain their confidence and to engage in meaningful activities
- Working positively and collaboratively with other staff and qualified practitioners to provide proactive person centred service and support, that is safe and effective, for residents
- Ensuring medications are administered in a timely and safe manner in accordance with scope of practice and advise the Registered Nurse of any concerns or adverse reactions
- Providing assistance, guidance, direction, support, mentoring and coaching, as
required, to Personal Carers on each shift
- Maintaining current knowledge of contemporary best practice clinical care within
the scope of enrolled nursing practice
- Reporting any risks that have the potential to cause an accident or injury
- Keeping detailed records and ensure comprehensive handovers between shifts
By respecting each person's identity, culture and diversity you will also foster a safe and harmonious environment while growing your knowledge and encouraging others to shine.
For further details regarding the scope of the role, please refer to our website or to the attached position description.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Diploma of Nursing with current AHPRA registration as an Enrolled Nurse
- At least 1-2 years of experience working as an Enrolled Nurse in an Aged Care Environment
- Sound communication skills with a level of English literacy that enables you to speak in a manner that older people can understand
- The ability to read written instructions and to write clearly and concisely particularly in progress notes
- Exceptional time management skills to manage own workload to meet deadlines and to support other staff
- High level understanding of the requirements to support residents living with dementia including those who display challenging behaviours
- Sound knowledge of the Aged Care Standards particularly as they relate to accreditation
For more than 50 years, Southern Cross Care has been providing quality aged care and retirement living services to our community. We're guided by our compassionate, capable, collaborative and creative values, and we want people who share these values to join our team.
If you want a rewarding job in an award-winning organisation that values you as an individual and offers great benefits and learning and development opportunities, there has never been a better time to join Southern Cross Care.
Apply online; www.southerncrosscare.com.au/careers