The Public Safety First Sergeant applies the job skills necessary to provide a safe and secure environment for improving the health of our communities. Come join a remarkable team where quality care meets quality service, in every dimension, every time.
#JoinTeamAubergine #NovantHealth. Let Novant Health be the destination for your professional growth.
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing remarkable healthcare to our patients, families and communities. Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to our exciting career opportunities.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED, Required. Bachelor's degree in business administration, criminal justice, health administration, security administration, or a related field, Required.
- Experience: Internal Candidates: One year's satisfactory experience as a Public Safety Supervisor/Coordinator at a Novant Health hospital or facility, Required. External Candidates: Minimum of five years of Public Safety experience at a supervisory level required, healthcare industry experience, preferred.
- Licensure/Certification: CHPA designation within three years of appointment or promotion, Required.
- Additional Skills (required): Satisfactorily completes all required organizational and departmental basic, field, and in-service training programs including the Corporate Public Safety Training Plan. Public contact experience. Intermediate computer skills. Ability to successfully complete generic and department-specific skills validation and competency testing. Ability to accurately receive and transmit information by radio and telephone. Ability to translate observations and information into legible, complete, and accurate reports. Ability to assign, schedule and manage uniformed Public Safety personnel. Ability to write effective post orders and procedures. Ability to interact effectively with facility leaders, executives, and employees. Thorough knowledge of the Joint Commission Environment of Care. Emergency Management and other regulatory standards. Thorough knowledge of the Hospital Incident Command System and the hospital's emergency procedures. Thorough knowledge of EMTALA and HIPAA rules, state criminal statutes, elements of crimes and criminal procedures. No criminal record. Satisfactory driving record in accordance with Risk Management requirements. Maintains valid driver's license in the state of residence. Immediately notifies Vice President and CSO of all charges relating to the operation of motor vehicle and/or criminal complaint.
- Additional Skills (preferred): Security, law enforcement or military experience at supervisory (noncommissioned officer) level. If applicable to facility, when assigned to NC facilities with armed Public Safety Officers, qualifies for a NCPPSB Armed Security Officer Registration Permit in accordance with Novant Health's annual training and qualification standards.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of ""First Do No Harm"".
Welcome to Novant Health
We are an integrated system of physician practices, hospitals, outpatient centers, and more – each element committed to delivering a remarkable healthcare experience for you and your family. With world-class technology, personal connections, and care that’s easier to access and understand, Novant Health is with you every step of the way on your journey to health and wellness.
Remarkable care - We are welcoming a new era in healthcare where achieving good health is just the beginning. We believe in caring for the whole person by getting to know you, having conversations and making connections with our patients. Combining the talent and expertise of our people, the breadth of capabilities across our system, and a commitment to helping you get better and stay healthy is how we are making healthcare remarkable. You can read about some of our remarkable moments here.
Ease and convenience - Novant Health is there when and where you need us. We are working to make healthcare easy to access, easy to schedule and easy to understand. We are bringing the ease and convenience that you enjoy in other aspects of your lives to the healthcare experience because we believe that healthcare doesn’t have to be confusing, difficult or disconnected. Start taking control of your health by visiting MyChart.
Community wellness - Our promise is to deliver remarkable healthcare. Part of that promi