Extra Space Storage is the fastest-growing storage company with over 2,000 stores nationwide. If you'd like to grow with us, you should consider joining the team. We look for leaders who are responsible, passionate, and innovative as they take charge of the day-to-day operations at our beautiful self-storage facilities.
Benefits We Offer You
- A work/life balance that allows you to work 5 days a week (no Sundays) and be off work by 6pm
- Outstanding company culture with growth opportunities throughout the U.S.
- Competitive starting pay + monthly bonus opportunity
- Paid Time Off accrued throughout the year, increasing with years of service
- Generous 401(k) match with Traditional and/or ROTH choices
- Affordable medical benefit options with up to a $1k annual Health Savings Account employer contribution
- EXTRA Healthy Wellness Program with rewards towards your medical premium
- Education support program (pursuit of bachelor's degree)
- BenefitHub discounts: apparel, auto, electronics, entertainment, pets, travel, etc.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of one or more sites
- Develop customer relationships by identifying their storage needs and providing solutions
- Improve sales objectives through unit rentals, unit insurance, and moving supplies
- Guide new customers through rental processes and agreements
- Handle cash and balance receipts, pursue collections, post payments, and process daily bank deposits
- Ensure the facility meets the highest cleanliness standards through general maintenance duties
- Work independently on daily tasks as well as cooperate with team members and other stores in the area
- Run errands for the facility and travel to other store locations
- 2+ years of customer service experience (i.e. retail sales, restaurant, sales associate, front desk, site management, and/or other customer-centered sales roles)
- 1+ year of experience in a leadership or supervisory role is helpful, but not required
- Intermediate computer skills
- Valid driver's license with access to reliable transportation
- High school diploma or GED equivalent, a college education is a plus
Note: If you have experience working in any of the following types of jobs, we encourage you to apply: Assistant Store Manager, Key Holder or Key Carrier, Retail or Shift Supervisor, Sales Lead, Customer Service Team Lead, Customer Service Manager, Retail Associate, Store Associate, Hospitality and Hotel, Front Desk Agent, Leasing Agent, Rental Agent (i.e. car rental, RV rental, storage rental, apartment rental, etc.) Property Management, Retail Sales.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the ""Find Internal Career Openings"" in Workday.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Extra Space Storage® Inc. (NYSE: EXR) is a real estate investment trust based in Salt Lake City, Utah with regional offices in California, Connecticut, Florida, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York and Texas. Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self storage in the U.S., and is a national owner, developer, acquirer and operator of professionally managed self-storage properties.
Extra Space Storage is a thirty year old company that has been involved in the self-storage industry since its inception. Extra Space Storage's mission is sustainable growth, based around six basic company goals:
- Maximize customer satisfaction
- Provide an excellent product and service
- Develop and maintain mutually beneficial business relationships
- Increase shareholder value
- Grow the business
- Make Extra Space Storage a great place to work
Extra Space Storage is a growth-oriented company creating a new standard in the self-storage industry. Both customers and communities benefit from Extra Space Storage's professional approach to storage. Featuring attractive, convenient and secure facilities operated by professional managers, Extra Space Storage seeks to change the association of self storage as a temporary holding place for rarely-used things to a desirable, safe, and customer-oriented facility perfectly suited for maintaining and accessing valued person