BCforward is currently seeking a highly motivated Machine Welder to work in Kent, WA 98032.
Title: Machine Welder
Expected Duration: Contract to hire
Location: Kent, WA 98032
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform basic and some advanced machine welding tasks while applying standard practices.
- Setup and regulate machine parameters such as gas, current, amperage, voltage, forge pressure and torch related items to produce correct bead size, penetration, nugget, and other physical characteristics.
- Check for required dimensions using pi tapes, calipers, micrometres, height gages or other inspection devices.
- Create weld schedules and develop procedures for new jobs.
- Follow written instructions, sketches, and weld schedules.
- Perform all work in accordance with established standards and safety procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring proper documentation is entered on manufacturing planning (including correct quantities) and paperless timecard system.
- Train others on prior job experience.
- Work under limited oversight.
Skills, Education and Required Experience
- Reads and understands manufacturing planning, weld symbols, sketches, and specifications as necessary to perform the job function.
- Some limitations but knows when to stop and seek clarification.
- Basic knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Knows where to find this information at Exotic and asks for help when necessary.
- Knowledge of shop math and precision measurement equipment.
- Requires familiarity with machine tools and good manual dexterity.
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 188087 when responding to this ad.