Macy’s is proudly America’s Department Store. There’s a reason we’ve been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Macy’s is also known for giving back to our communities.
The magic of Macy’s ultimately comes alive in our stores, and our store colleagues are the ones making it happen. They provide outstanding customer service, create a memorable shopping experience, and drive sales results. A store position at Macy’s (seasonal, part-time, or full-time) is the perfect way to explore the world of retail. Some of Macy’s top executives started their careers as part-time retail sales associates. Our store positions are ideal for forming relationships, building teams, and developing leadership skills to grow your career at Macy’s. Macy’s stores are ideal for building capability in creating partnerships, building teams, and developing the leaders of tomorrow. Macy’s is the “Academy” for retail careers.
A store colleague position (whether it’s a seasonal job, part-time retail job, or a full-time career) is the perfect way to launch a career in the world of retail. Many of Macy’s top executives started their careers in part-time retail sales roles, or as recent college graduates into our development programs in the various functions at Macy’s.
The Vendor Paid Specialist is responsible for providing outstanding customer service, meeting hourly sales and Loyalty goals on a personal and departmental basis, demonstrating superior product knowledge to customers, and creating a shopping experience that will make the customer feel welcome and comfortable. Additionally, the Vendor Paid Specialist is responsible for becoming an expert on the vendor’s product and promoting brand loyalty. The colleague is also responsible for fulfillment and performing other duties as necessary.
- Be proficient in POS and MPOS systems including Search and Send, My Client and More@ Macy’s tablet app
- Proactive in assisting customers who are using devices to shop and compare
- Provide exceptional customer service in all aspects of total store and have the ability to satisfy the needs of our digital and physical customers by making appropriate partnerships when necessary.
- Develop a high level of product knowledge for the merchandise in the department by reading vendor tags, pamphlets, and attending training classes in order to communicate it to the customer
- Suggest additional merchandise to compliment customer selection and engage the customer
- Reinforce customer’s selection and package merchandise with care
- Invite customers to come back and thank them by name whenever possible
- Responsible for achieving personal sales goals and Loyalty goals
- Maintain a professional attitude with sincerity and enthusiasm reflecting Macy’s commitment to our customer-the most important person in our stores
- Develop clientele customer list and increase department sales
- Maintain communication with vendors, OVMs and regional/divisional offices for support on driving sales, promos, and product knowledge
- Be knowledgeable of and perform sales support functions related to POS procedures
- Be aware of back stock and fill as needed
- Be aware of current promotional events and sales
- Assist CSX managers or vendors with special events as needed
- Maintain good housekeeping standards
- Adhere to Asset Protection and inventory control and compliance procedures
- Maintain department recovery standards; including fitting room go backs to standard, if applicable
- Follows shortage programs and procedures
- Dependable attendance and punctuality
Qualifications and Competencies:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 1-2 years related experience
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate and share information with diverse groups of customers and peers.
- Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as part of a team, and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around store or department
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping and color vision
- Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register and ability to process register transactions
- Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs