Medical City Plano is committed to investing in the latest technology enabling nurses to work more efficiently. Are you passionate about delivering patient-centered care? Submit your application for ECMO Specialist RN position and spend more time at the bedside with the patient.
Medical City Plano offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success let us contribute to yours! Whether you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or C-suite role, shape business and operational outcomes, or work to deliver clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at Medical City Plano!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Extracorporeal Life Support (ECLS) Specialists are part of an exceptional team made up of perfusionists, surgeons, intensivists and nurses with advanced training. The ECLS can be used for a time after surgery to temporarily sustain heart functions in patients who would not be able to survive and recover without it. Come join our team of dedicated professionals that are committed to delivering the best patient care.
What You Will Do In This Role
- You will assist with the coordination and participate in activities of the ECMO team required for quality patient care.
- You will participate in education to various groups regarding services rendered and care for patients requiring ECMO within the CVICU and throughout the organization.
What Qualifications You Will Need
- If RN, BSN required within 24 months of hire into RN position
- Registered Nurse with a minimum of 3 years of clinical experience and that is pursuing or has completed an approved ECLS training program
- Texas State RN License or compact license is accepted
- Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) for Healthcare Providers issued by either the American Heart Association or American Red Cross
- PALS Preferred
- CCRN Preferred
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Medical City Plano opened in 1975 and provides Plano and Collin County with advanced health care. Medical City Plano is a 600+ bed acute care hospital. We have more than 2,000 employees and over 1,400 physicians on staff. Our main campus in Plano has a cancer treatment center and cardiovascular programs. We have The Bariatric Surgery Institute, a Wound Care Center and inpatient rehabilitation. We also offer complete women's and children's services. This includes a high-risk antepartum unit and a Level 3 neonatal intensive-care unit. We were the first hospital in Dallas, Collin or Denton counties to be named a Comprehensive Stroke Center by the Texas Department of State Health Services. Medical City Plano was the first Level I Trauma Center in Collin County and The Burn & Reconstructive Center of Texas was the first burn center in Collin County. As a part of the Medical City network of hospitals and specialists, patients are ensured access to leading medical experts and advanced healthcare innovations.
"Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our ECMO Specialist RN opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine. We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but everywhere. We’re committed to improving more lives in more ways, and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.