Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Unit Clerk you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Medical City Plano which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Medical City Plano, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Unit Clerk where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Unit Secretary performs secretarial, clerical and non-professional basic nursing functions as assigned in accordance with all hospital policies. This includes maintaining all medical records, facilitating communication departmental activities and promoting a safe and therapeutic environment. Unlock the possibilities in your career by joining a team that cares like family!
What You Will Do In This Role
You will be responsible for transcribing orders, ordering unit supplies, answering phones and patient call lights, preparing patient charts and entering patient charges into computer.
You will assist with coordinating patient transfers.
You will coordinate with hospital Pharmacy and Laboratory in support of patient care.
You will maintain all appropriate regulatory logs and participate in chart audit process of the department.
What qualifications you will need:
- Basic Cardiac Life Support
- No Travel Travel Required
- No experience Required Years of Experience
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Medical City Plano opened in 1975 and provides Plano and Collin County with advanced health care. Medical City Plano is a 600+ bed acute care hospital. We have more than 2,000 employees and over 1,400 physicians on staff. Our main campus in Plano has a cancer treatment center and cardiovascular programs. We have The Bariatric Surgery Institute, a Wound Care Center and inpatient rehabilitation. We also offer complete women's and children's services. This includes a high-risk antepartum unit and a Level 3 neonatal intensive-care unit. We were the first hospital in Dallas, Collin or Denton counties to be named a Comprehensive Stroke Center by the Texas Department of State Health Services. Medical City Plano was the first Level I Trauma Center in Collin County and The Burn & Reconstructive Center of Texas was the first burn center in Collin County. As a part of the Medical City network of hospitals and specialists, patients are ensured access to leading medical experts and advanced healthcare innovations.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Unit Clerk opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine. We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but everywhere. We’re committed to improving more lives in more ways, and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.