Apply today for the Paid PCT Training Program - Starts December 12th!
Do you have the career opportunities as a Patient Care Technician (CNA) Cardiac Telemetry you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Overland Park Regional Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At OPRMC we off an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- FastTrack to Clinical Pathway - If you dream of advancing your career in clinical care, we have an opportunity to help you earn your associate's degree or diploma with no out-of-pocket costs. The program also offers options to help complete your high school diploma or improve your English language skills before starting college.
Great healthcare starts with compassion.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Overland Park Regional family! We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Patient Care Technician to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
A Patient Care Technicians main role is to provide basic care to patients, as well as assist them with things they might have trouble with on their own, such as bathing. Because of the personal nature of the job, a Patient Care Technician has strong people skills and the ability to be compassionate and enjoy helping others.
About this unit:
- If you like variety, working as a PCT is for you. Each shift will be exciting, different and challenging!
- As a hands-on caregiver, you are the one who has the privilege of holding a patient's hand and listening to the person's life story.
- The Patient Care Technician (PCT) delivers high quality, patient-centered care by performing a variety of delegated basic patient care services related to common nursing functions and activities of daily living.
- Under the supervision of the registered nurse (RN), the PCT assists the nursing staff in providing patient care in accordance with the PCT’s skills/training and the needs of the Department, and consistently assists the patient care team with maintaining a clean, well-organized, and safe patient care environment.
- The PCT complies with all hospital policies/procedures and observes the State Board of Nursing rules for unlicensed personnel.
What Qualifications You Will Need:
- Kansas CNA Training Program, preferred
1+ years of experience in an acute care setting, preferred.
CNA certification with the state or Fundamentals of Nursing Course at accredited school
Basic Life Support (BLS), required
With no state certification, may be eligible to participate in the 5 week paid training program. No experience required - Must be able to attend mandatory 3 weeks of training (Monday-Friday 8am-5pm)
Overland Park Regional Medical Center is one of the premiere medical facilities in Johnson County. The hospital is a licensed 343-bed facility offering acute and outpatient medical care services to the Overland Park community and the surrounding areas since December of 1978. The hospital campus features four medical office buildings, two pharmacies and the offices of more than 100 physicians.
Our services include Emergency Services, a Regional Trauma Center, an Accredited Chest Pain Center, The Women’s Center with Level IIIB NICU, the Human Motion Institute, advanced diagnostic imaging, a Diabetes Center and many other specialty care services. We offer the latest in technological advances and we are committed to providing every patient with the highest level of care in an environment where people, compassion, community and integrity are valued.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Patient Care Technician like you to be a part of our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine. We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but everywhere. We’re committed to improving more lives in more ways, and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.