TriStar Summit Medical Center is committed to investing in the latest technology enabling nurses to work more efficiently. Are you passionate about delivering patient-centered care? Submit your application for Licensed Practical Nurse position and spend more time at the bedside with the patient.
TriStar Summit Medical Center offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success let us contribute to yours! Whether you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or C-suite role, shape business and operational outcomes, or work to deliver clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at TriStar Summit Medical Center!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) provide direct patient care under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, and collaborate with nursing staff in planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing care. LPNs will also observe, monitor, and report patient symptoms, reactions and progress to members of the health care team.
What you will do in this role:
- Your role demonstrates the facility’s Standards of Performance, ICARE values, and Patient Promise.
- You will monitor, record, report, follow through on symptoms or changes in patients' conditions, and notify RN as appropriate.
- You will create and maintain accurate, detailed reports and records.
- You will collaborate with healthcare team members to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate the plan of care, as indicated by the patient’s responses and conditions.
- You will perform nursing tasks as appropriate and safe under indirect supervision of the RN
- Your role reinforces individualized education for the patient, family, and or caregiver throughout the continuum of care as directed by the RN.
- Your role adheres to standards of safety and infection control, in the delivery of patient care.
- You will demonstrate a thorough knowledge of and comply with all policies and procedures related to the performance of job duties.
- Your role performs other duties and special projects as assigned by the RN, Nurse Manager or Director.
What qualifications you will need:
- Interpersonal skills to successfully interact with internal and external customers
- Graduate of an accredited School of Practical Nursing*
- Current licensure by Tennessee Board of Nursing
- Current BLS Certification
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
TriStar Summit is a 200 bed comprehensive facility. We serve Davidson, Wilson and surrounding counties. We include a Level III Trauma Center. We offer a full array of acute care services. These include cardiology, oncology, orthopaedics/spine, rehabilitation and women’s services. We are an Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI. We are a Primary Stroke Center. TriStar Summit is a leading provider of emergency heart and stroke care.
"Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our Licensed Practical Nurse opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine. We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but everywhere. We’re committed to improving more lives in more ways, and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.