Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Packaging Technician is responsible for providing assistance in duties related to keeping the line running smoothly. Leads direct activities for production focus on equipment and process.
Essential Job Duties
• Leads team in line setup and changeover of product, identify critical controls, and issues.
• Provides production run sheets to packaging machine operators to complete daily production run.
• Updates production system and/or case total board with completed case counts in order to communicate production goals to next shift.
• Maintains raw material inventory and communicates discrepancies as needed.
• Sets up and operates multiple machines in the packaging area.
• Assists with keeping the production line consistently operating and clear of jams.
• Responsible for basic trouble shooting and making minor adjustments as needed.
• Aids the operation of packaging machinery by trouble shooting issues with codes, dates and prices.
• Assists and/or submits maintenance work orders.
• Performs or assists with Preventative Maintenance (PM) as needed.
• Monitors and checks weights and product appearance as required.
• Maintains and leads GMP, PPE, safety, and quality policy compliance – by following and setting an example and validating employee compliance.
• Assists with communications to Quality Assurance on holds, changeovers, etc.
• Assist supervisor in completing daily line paperwork on KPIs.
• Reads and understands machine data.
• May assist Packaging Coordinator or Supervisor with training of new employees and operators on the line.
• If applicable, runs checks on metal detectors to ensure they are working properly.
• Keeps work area aisles/exits clear and free from obstruction; removes trash from work area floor.
• Supports and participates in Continuous Improvement initiatives including 5S (sort, set, shine, standardize, and sustain).
• Follows instructions for safe lifting/carrying of various sizes, shapes and weights; identifies/reports issues with equipment; reports all job-related injuries to supervision.
• May perform sanitation tasks as directed (including, but not limited to equipment washes which requires tear down and reassembly, seasoner cleanings, and wipeouts).
• Mandatory overtime may be required.
• May perform other duties as required.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.