Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
Under supervision, the Baking Process Support Specialist is responsible for support for baking process operations in the areas of blending, mixing, measuring and operating certain pieces of equipment to meet production quality and quantity needs. All Company policies, procedures and guidelines as well as actions that support team work, safety, efficiency, good housekeeping and GMP adherence are to be followed. The ability to perform all the duties of all Department areas and to rotate between stations/areas is essential.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Company reserves the right to change or amend the position and essential duties as business necessitates.
- Be knowledgeable regarding production schedules, recipes and product specifications for the assigned product to be produced.
- Under direction, organize and carry out all start-up tasks in accordance with company specifications for efficiency and to meet quality and sanitation standards.
- Tend to all the duties of the assigned area(s), observe process and monitor controls, equipment and product for quality. Notify BPO staff and/or operations management of discrepancies or issues.
- Perform timely and appropriate in-process checks and measurements at various stages of the process and notify operators regarding possible adjustment as necessary to maintain quality of product within specified formulas, record results, and assist with scrap analysis.
- Fill out appropriate paperwork.
- Provide back-up for other positions such as Sanitor, Packer or Inspection. As needed.
- Clearly communicate problems and malfunctions to co-workers and supervision.
- Protect team members and company safety and security through reporting and stopping occurrences such as damage to product and/or property, theft, product tampering and questionable behavior.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with internal and external customers, and co-workers.
- Arrive punctually on scheduled work days and be at the designated work area by start of shift to assure continuous work flow.
- The Process Support Specialist, based on skill and experience, will support the baking process in one or more of the areas as assigned.
- Blending Area/Ingredients:
- Fill storage hoppers, as appropriate, while monitoring and following received and use/by dates.
- Start, tend or operate blending equipment; add secondary ingredients; mix; and weigh product for quality.
- Supply lines with seasoning and oil.
- Oven Room Area:
- Assist in monitoring and ensuring the proper operation of the guillotine cutters, caustic cookers, salters, ovens, and other oven room based machines.
- Stage ingredients, monitor and fill salt and/or seasoning hoppers, and supply lines with seasoning and oil, as appropriate.
- Tend lines for short period of time and assist team on a regular basis and cover break times when available.
- Tumbler/Seasoning Room:
- Supply tumbler rooms with seasoning and oil.
- Oversee/monitor operation of seasoning tumblers for each line as directed.
- Discard product that fails to meet quality assurance specifications.
EXAMPLES OF POWERED EQUIPMENT USED:
Depending on areas assigned, able to understand and safely operate some or all of the following: cutting, extruding, proofing, coating, seasoning, spraying and other baking equipment, OITs, computer controllers, keyboards, printers, metal check and banding tools and packaging, over-wrap, pallet, labeling and taping. Forklifts and power lift truck, floor sweepers, water spraying equipment and sanitation equipment for cleaning, and various tools for minor repairs and adjustments.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Management reserves the right to waive requirements(s) on a case-by-case review.
- Possess a High School Diploma or GED.
- Be able to perform work related functions requiring ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Read, speak and understand the English language sufficient to interpret instructions, production sheets and work related documents.
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely using radio equipment.
- Strong attention to detail to accurately and efficiently complete required paperwork and documentation.
- Be able to solve diverse procedural problems within well-defined standards by choosing from workable alternatives.
- Apply the appropriate use of the US dating system.
- Be able to clearly communicate problems and malfunctions to co-workers and supervision.
- May be required, through prior education and / or hands on experience have knowledge, aptitude and understanding one or more of the following depending on areas assigned:
- Production and processing concepts of inputs, outputs, raw materials, waste, and quality.
- Mechanics or mechanical aptitude of machines and tools, including their design and use; 2-3 years of prior process operator experience is ideal.
- Computers and processing equipment including ability to print labels and packaging control logs
- Able to drive a forklift and/or operate power lift.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Physical demands and environmental conditions are components of worker characteristics. Physical demands analysis is a systematic way of describing the physical activities that a job requires. It is concerned only with the physical demands of the job; it is not concerned with the physical capacity of the worker. Environmental conditions are the surroundings in which a job is performed. To be present an environmental condition must be specific and related to the job.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.