Join a well-established growing primary care clinic in Northwest Houston. We provide comprehensive innovative care for entire families. We have a team-based approach to care and all Physician Assistants contribute significantly to the operations of the clinic. Physician Assistants will have autonomy with excellent support system in place to ensure success and professional growth.
Specific contributions will be helping to identify short-term and long-range patient care issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing physician directives.
· Assesses patient health by interviewing patients; performing physical examinations; obtaining, updating, and studying medical histories.
· Determines abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests, such as x-rays, electrocardiograms, and laboratory studies; interpreting test results.
· Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
· Performs therapeutic procedures by administering injections and immunizations; suturing; managing wounds and infections.
· Instructs and counsels patients by describing therapeutic regimens; giving normal growth and development information; discussing family planning; providing counseling on emotional problems of daily living; promoting wellness and health maintenance.
· Provides continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans.
· Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
· Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
· Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
· Develops health care team staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.