This position is a member of the Machine Shop. The machinist will report directly to the Operations Manager.
- Puts safety first above all else.
- Works safely and assesses all situations before proceeding.
- Keeps work area clean and free from hazards
- Stays current on all training requirements
- Uses guarding provided and does all necessary pre-work checks.
- Machine product to required specification
- Must have the ability to read & process 2-d detail prints.
- Set-up and operate CNC mills and/or lathes to produce a product that meets or exceeds design specifications.
- Create and document straight forward programs, where needed. Record proper set-up documentation
- Inspection and documentation
- Inspection of in-process product is required. Ensure product meets requirements.
- Adjust machine tools to meet specifications.
- When required, document measurements on inspection sheets
- Knowledge of machine tools, equipment, materials, and inspection methods
- Can setup and run previously run jobs in work centers that they are familiar with, whether the work center is a lathe, mill, grinder, or other piece of equipment.
- Has a working knowledge of conventional machining techniques
- Knows how to use traditional inspection equipment such as height gages, dial indicators, micrometers, and calipers.
- Strive for Steelastic excellence
- Increase product knowledge, try new ideas and machining techniques, strive for a better and/or faster way of doing a job and train on any piece of equipment that they are capable of
- Have a good attitude, start work on time, perform good housekeeping, communicate with others, be aware of his/her area and other’s safety, be a good team member,
- Always be looking to be more efficient by running multiple work centers at the same time when and where possible and work in other departments such as fabrication or assembly if requested