***$500.00 Sign-On Bonus***
Delaware Valley Job Corps is an education and training center located in beautiful Callicoon, NY. We are a Center which uses student-focused programs to ensure successful training and employment placement for each individual we serve. With a capacity of 208 students, we strive to achieve excellence for each student across 7 different trades.
If you are interested in shaping the lives of our 16-24 year old students and have a passionate approach to ensure our youth are able to make positive contributions to our community then Delaware Valley Job Corps is the place for you. We are looking for exceptional Substance Abuse Counselor to join our growing team of professionals who can assist our youth through substance abuse issues.
Benefits of the Substance Abuse Counselor Position Include:
- Competitive wages
- 11 paid holidays a year
- Generous vacation and sick time accruals
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Voluntary benefits offered through UNUM
- Health Savings Accounts, Flexible Spending Accounts and/or Dependent care FSA
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership after one year of service with employer matching
- Employer paid STD/LTD, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Will Preparation, Travel Assistance, and Identity Theft ($0 cost to employees)
- Robust Employee Assistance Program and Wellness Program that include free and discounted services in addition to monetary incentives for making healthy decisions
- Discounted all-you-can-eat lunch and dinner for $2.50 per employee, per meal
- Gym and weight room available for use when students are not utilizing these areas.
Substance Abuse Counselor Responsibilities:
- Develops and implements alcohol, drug and tobacco prevention activities and integrates services into Center’s programmatic functions.
- Develops and coordinates community resources for educating students on substance use and abuse.
- Administers Center’s drug testing program to promote a drug-free environment.
- Responsible to provide students with comprehensive and individualized case management ensuring student progress, retention and completion of the Job Corps program.
- Establishes supportive/mentoring relationships with students throughout their enrollment and provides substance abuse counseling and education.
- Counsels students individually and in groups on substance abuse.
Substance Abuse Counselor Qualifications and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school preferred. A minimum of one-year experience in drug/alcohol counseling or related field required. Valid, active, unrestricted in-state License or Certification in Substance Abuse Counseling/Prevention required. Regional approval required.
Adams and Associates, Inc. is a 100% employee-owned company, subcontracted to run Job Corps Centers under the guidance of the DOL.
“Adams and Associates, Inc. abides by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.” This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Support and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.