Part-time 600 East Boulevard Nursing Day 29.75---38.68---47.60 No Weekends, No Holidays, No Call! Reports to the Manager of the Wound Clinic. Performs thorough assessments of wounds. Plans a course of action, implements the appropriate treatment, and evaluates the results. Works collaboratively with the patient care team to educate patients and establishes strong patient family relationships. Collaborates with other professional, clinical and ancillary staff in providing quality care to patients. Displays strong teamwork. Exhibits self-care and self-knowing in order to be empathetic and compassionate with every interaction. Uses independent judgment to ensure optimal delivery of patient care and appropriate use of available resources. Serves as a resource to other staff. MISSION, VALUES and SERVICE GOALS * MISSION: We deliver outstanding care, inspire health, and connect with heart. * VALUES: Trust. Respect. Integrity. Compassion. * SERVICE GOALS: Personally connect. Keep everyone informed. Be on their team. Assessment/Planning/Implementation/Evaluation: *
Performs a thorough assessment of any wound and documents accordingly.
* Assures implementation of appropriate treatment plan based on the patient's needs and physicians input.
* Exhibits sound clinical judgment based on standards of care, including Nursing Policies and Procedures.
* Evaluates patient care given to a specific wound and provides guidance to management, staff and physicians as indicated.
* Documents/Communicates clearly and concisely the progress or concerns in regards to the treatment plan with staff and physicians.
* Contributes to interdisciplinary plan of care using assessment data
* Involves patient/family in developing plan of care
* Carries out physicians orders in a timely manner
Organization Clinical Development:
* Guides policy and procedure development relating to the skin and wound care.
* Participates in wound care product review and evaluation.
* Demonstrates ability to prioritize for multiple simultaneous demands
* Enhances the efficiency, cost effectiveness, and clinical outcomes for wound care patients.
* Stays current in wound care standards of care and acts as a resource to other providers.
* Participates in continuous quality improvement by identifying areas of opportunity and following up with necessary actions.
Education and Documentation:
* Educates patients and family members and other support individuals on wound prevention and treatment
* Identifies ongoing care needs of the patient for discharge planning
* Documents all patient notes, as well as care provided accurately and completely in the EMR system
* Provides formal and informal staff development in-services.
* Orients new staff to the role of Wound Care Clinician.
Contribute to the overall effectiveness of the department:
* Completes other job-related duties and projects as assigned.
Associate complies with the following organizational requirements:
* Attends and participates in department meetings and is accountable for all information shared.
* Completes mandatory education, annual competencies and department specific education within established timeframes.
* Completes annual employee health requirements within established timeframes.
* Maintains license/certification, registration in good standing throughout fiscal year.
* Direct patient care providers are required to maintain current BCLS (CPR) and other certifications as required by position/department.
* Consistently utilizes appropriate universal precautions, protective equipment, and ergonomic techniques to protect patient and self.
* Adheres to regulatory agency requirements, survey process and compliance.
* Complies with established organization and department policies.
* Available to work overtime in addition to working additional or other shifts and schedules when required.
Commitment to Beacon's six-point Operating System, referred to as The Beacon Way:
* Leverage innovation everywhere.
* Cultivate human talent.
* Embrace performance improvement.
* Build greatness through accountability.
* Use information to improve and advance.
* Communicate clearly and continuously.
Education and Experience
The knowledge, skills, and abilities as indicated below are normally acquired through the successful completion of a Bachelor's Degree. Must be licensed Registered Nurse in the State of Indiana. Wound Certification from an accredited program is preferred. A minimum of 1 to 2 years of job-related experience is preferred. Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS/CPS). Must maintain current CPR certification.
Knowledge & Skills
* Ability to communicate positively and effectively with all levels of participants in health care delivery, in both formal and informal settings and with individuals as well as groups of varying size.
* Clinical expertise appropriate for designated patient population.
* Accepts responsibility and accountability for own actions.
* Skills in auditing outcomes concurrently and retrospectively.
* Advanced analytical and problem solving skills; computer use required.
* Organizes work load efficiently.
* Capable of managing complex workload and establishing priorities.
* Maintains up to date knowledge of reimbursement processes and community resources.
Complexity of workload and communications may involve mental stress.
Requires the physical ability and stamina (i.e. to walk/stand for prolonged periods of time, push carts/wheelchairs up to 50 pounds, to position/lift patients at a maximum of 35 pounds unassisted, over 35 pounds requires assistance, provide CPR, etc.) to perform the essential functions of the position.