Contek are working with a client in Tamworth who are a precision engineering client, providing specialist parts to various sectors. Through growth they are looking for experienced Assembly Technicians to join the team
Mon-Thurs 7:00-4:00pm, Fri 7-12:00pm.
Reporting To: Assembly Manager
Role Purpose: To work in the assembly area, building components for OEM and motorsport customers.
We are open to candidates who have an interest in cars, bikes, mechanical based hobbies at home. Personality and fit is really important.
* Work in a team environment following build processes to ensure that brake components are built in line with quality and safety guidelines.
* Read manufacturing specifications to ensure components are built correctly
* Ensure clear identification of scrap, reject & sample materials and actively participates in the QIS procedure
* Makes suggestions and recommendations to improve Quality and H&S processes.
* Work in an area that has a high-volume throughput ensuring attention to detail is maintained at all times.
* Fully comply and support the Quality & Environmental Management Systems
* Follow manual handling procedures and adhere to at all times.
* Previous Assembly skills (work based or Recreational)
* Ability to read English manufacturing specs
* Ability to use hand assembly tools (torque wrenches etc)
* Ability to use basic measuring equipment
* FLT License (preferred but not essential)
* Self-motivated and managed
* Good communication skills
* Good problem-solving skills
* Flexible working hours (weekend & shift working may be required)
* Ability to work at a high flow rate (repetitive and heavy lifting)