BlueScope is an Australian-born, global success story, spanning 18 countries, with a team of over 14,000 people. We’re driven by innovation and are proud that the technologies in our products and brands, like COLORBOND® steel, inspire and protect everything from hospitals and bridges to stadiums and homes.
Come and discover the opportunity to join our Lysaght business in our Rockhampton branch as a Production Technician. Made in Australia since 1921, Lysaght manufactures and markets steel building products that have helped shape the nation: from iconic corrugated roofing over Australian homes, to large commercial and industrial projects.
Being in a production role with us, you’ll be working in a continuous production environment, operating machinery to create premium building products. Using 100% Australian made steel in the manufacturing process, you’ll be key to providing customers with what they need, when they need it.
This will be a permanent full time opportunity working day shift 6:00am – 2:30pm Monday to Thursday and 6:00am - 12:00pm on Friday as well as well as the opportunity to work overtime when needed. You will receive a competitive salary starting from $1005.86 per week with a potential review given the opportunity.
What Will You Do?
As someone who is committed to the safety of their team and delivering on customer expectations you will be:
- assisting with the setting up, adjusting, and operating of machinery for producing steel beams for roofing and other steel roofing products
- learning how to read and interpret detailed orders and drawings for production
- monitoring product quality, ensuring finished product meets expected requirements
- jumping in helping other departments when and where the need arises
More About You
Being a reliable and dedicated individual with a willingness to learn and develop yourself, you will also bring:
- exposure or interest in, working in a manufacturing environment
- the ability or willingness to learn how to drive a forklift -holding a current Forklift license is ideal
- a positive attitude and a keen eye for detail
- the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- a commitment to your own safety and wellbeing and care for others
As BlueScope continues to go from strength to strength, a career with us provides you with the opportunity to grow and be rewarded. At BlueScope, you will:
- create and deliver innovative solutions that drive transformation in our business
- make an impact that really does shape the world we live in
- keep growing through continuous learning and development opportunities
- enjoy the sense of belonging that comes from working with people who genuinely look out for one another
At BlueScope, our people are our strength, and we don’t say that lightly. We want our people to be successful, and to be safe. We offer work-life flexibility through our B-flex program and make sure our inclusive work environment welcomes people of all backgrounds. We’re passionate about driving sustainability outcomes that matter to our communities, including action on climate and our 2050 net zero goal. And we’ll do this through Our Purpose: We create and inspire smart solutions in steel, strengthening our communities for the future.
Come and discover us at bluescope.com/life-at-bluescope/careers.
Together we can make a world of difference.
Applications close Friday, 2nd December 2022.