POSITION: Mechanical Engineer
LOCATION: Eden, NC
DURATION: 18 months
We have an opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join the Buildings & Infrastructure Team. Our team is responsible for the engineering and design of capital projects to build new factories, renovating our existing factories, and consult with factory engineering teams. You will get a good mix of performing in-house engineering/design work and guiding third-party consultants and design-build firms. Your job is to ensure the Company’s needs and standards are met with every design and installation.
We are seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer who can plan, conduct, and coordinate Mechanical Utility Engineering functions covering all aspects of mechanical utilities as applied in the production of wet & dry pet foods, pet treats, and litter. Candidate should be able to work well in a team environment and communicate well with vendors, all technical disciplines, development team, project management & construction team, and business management.
Technical expertise to include all aspects of mechanical utility technology, in terms of industrial utility systems, and equipment design and application; as well as experience with generating, reviewing, and field tracing P&ID’s.
Position will require travel, with expected levels at 20-30% but may be more during project start up and commissioning.
Technical/Specific Skills Needed
• Provide Mechanical Engineering design and review for capital projects including detailed phases of the engineering work, related documentation, and field support. Requires coordination of work by outside consultants and suppliers, broad knowledge of precedents in the specialty area, and an understanding of principles and practices in related specialties. Requires strong communications skills and ability to perform well on teams.
• Provide mechanical engineering technical assistance to operating facilities. Includes planning/implementing investigation and analysis in problem areas or areas of opportunity for improvement. Experience with generating, reviewing, and field tracing P&ID’s.
• Requires ability to collaborate with and contribute to cross functional teams.
• Provide Mechanical Engineering support to divisional improvement efforts including systems analysis, scope development, and evaluation of alternate technologies, sustainability, and methods. Be proactive to keep abreast of new methods and developments affecting the industry for the purpose of recommending changes in emphasis in programs, or new programs warranted by such developments.
• Provide technical assistance and engineering guidance for capital developmental projects & special assignments.
• Assist in the development/modification of department technical guidelines, standards, and specifications in the area of specialty.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering, BSME - Preferred
• Licensed Professional Engineer, highly recommended
• 7+ years of Mechanical Engineering experience in mechanical utility system design, including HVACR, liquid handling systems (tanks, pumps, piping), heat transfer systems, steam systems, chill water systems, natural gas systems, and industrial waste systems.
• Field experience reviewing construction progress, starting up mechanical equipment, commissioning systems and coordinating field work with teammates
• Experience with generating, reviewing, and field tracing P&ID’s.
• Experience working in a multi-discipline team to deliver industrial capital projects
• Process flow development
• P&ID development
• Equipment sizing and specifying
• Equipment submittal review
• Construction document review and markup.