Creates an environment that leads to a positive patient care experience by facilitating problem solving and decision making. Ensures accuracy and timeliness on all functions related to insurance prior authorization, plan benefits, and medical necessity documentation. Serves as a liaison between patients, physicians and all other participants of the health care team.
- Creates a positive patient care experience by greeting, preparing, exiting and following up with patients for providers according to established competency guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Creates an atmosphere of teamwork by contributing to opportunities to improve employee and customer satisfaction, including self development, continuing education (personal and technical), and achieving department objectives and goals.
- Provides support, both expected and directed, and collaborates with physicians and multi-disciplinary care team(s) for best care/results. Ensures accuracy of data collection and reporting for quality Initiatives.
- Maintains accountability for maximizing revenue capture and growth while optimizing cost savings. Communicates opportunities for organizational growth and improvement.
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and scientific knowledge in health care to nursing practice, ensuring that nursing care is delivered based on patient’s age-specific needs and clinical needs as described in the department's Scope of Service.
- As an SSM Health nurse, I will demonstrate the professional nursing standards defined in the professional practice model. Uses the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses to guide his/her response to the current and evolving health and nursing needs of our patients and our patient populations.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- No experience required
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and gripping.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.