Registered Veterinary Nurse

Registered Veterinary Nurse

East Neuk Vet Clinic, Fife | Pittenweem, SCT, GB

Posted 12 days ago

Apply Now


Posted on 15/07/2022
The Role
Due to an increasing caseload East Neuk Vets, are looking for two Registered Veterinary Nurses to join our team, on a full time or part-time basis. Our comprehensive induction training will allow you to make the leap into referral practice, as the successful candidate will spend 85% of their working rota helping take care of our orthopaedic caseload and the remaining 15% working with our general practice team. You will be involved with inpatient care, anaesthesia monitoring, diagnostic imaging and nurse clinics: allowing you to fully utilise and further develop your nurse skills in these areas.
A full time working week will be 40 hours over 5 days (a 4 day week will be considered, as will part time applications). We have an array of shifts to keep the practice running, a 5-day week would consist of: 8am-5pm wards, surgery, 1st opinion; 9am-6pm consult/ diagnostics, 1st opinion; 10am-7pm surgery, 2pm-10pm wards, surgery.
1 in 6 full weekends with 2 days in lieu, meaning that you will have a long weekend every 6 weeks too.
Salary for the role is from £27,000 up to £30,000pa depending on experience, as well as a £2,000 sign-on bonus and up to £5,000 relocation allowance.
About Us
We are situated in a beautiful, picturesque village in the East Neuk of Fife, a stone's throw from St. Andrews and with easy access to Edinburgh, Glasgow, and Dundee. The area affords an excellent quality of life, benefiting from beautiful beaches and charming coastal villages, with huge potential for water sports, cycling and walking.
The practice benefits from being purpose-built, affording a very pleasant working environment with well-maintained facilities. We have well-equipped, spacious operating theatres with multiparameter capnography, BP, and ECG; up to date imaging equipment, including dental radiography, DR x-ray, CT scanner and ultrasound. We also have an in-house IDEXX laboratory suite.
About the Team and Culture
We are a friendly and supportive team of 7 vets, 10 nurses and 5 front of house staff. Two of our surgeons are RCVS and European specialists in their field of Small Animal Surgery. We support nurse development and have 2 ECC trained nurses and are a SVN training practice as well as a satellite training practice for University of Surrey veterinary students.
Applicant Requirements
Ideally must be a Registered Veterinary Nurse (new graduates are welcome to apply and SVNs due to qualify will be considered), confident with first opinion caseloads and some experience in orthopaedics and referrals would be an advantage, however, full support will be provided for candidates with no referral experience but wanting to venture into this area of expertise. Further certification is supported and funded including access to the Cert VN ECC course.
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
6.6 weeks annual leave
3 CPD days paid and £550 allowance
L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
Birthday leave
RCVS Membership paid
VDS cover
Discounted veterinary fees
Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
Cycle to Work scheme
Service-related company sick pay
Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
Relocation packages up to £5,000
Career progression opportunities
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Any questions before applying?
Speak to Helen Paddison from our recruitment team who would be happy to help you with any questions you have before applying for this role.
Helen Paddison
Talent Partner - Referral Nurses