Job Title: Refrigeration Mechanics
Salary: 60-65K AUD
Location - Alice Springs, Northern Territory, Australia.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
· establishing job requirements from drawings and specifications, and laying out installation reference points
· drilling holes, installing mounting brackets and cutting, bending and threading piping
· installing and repairing components such as compressors, motors, condensers, evaporators, switches and gauges, and copper lines for steam, gas, refrigerant, compressed air, oil and chilled water
· bolting, soldering, riveting, welding and brazing pipes to connect equipment, and checking alignment and accuracy of fit
· filling systems with gas or fluid to check for leaks
· test-operating refrigeration systems, checking mechanisms and making adjustments
· removing test gas and fluid using vacuum pumps, and filling with refrigerant
· checking and overhauling refrigeration systems, diagnosing faults and repairing and replacing defective components
· adjusting system controls and mechanisms and reassembling systems
· recording causes of malfunctioning and action taken
Qualifications and experience:
· At least three years of relevant experience
· Clear and competent communication skills
· The ability to work both independently and in a team-based environment
· In-depth knowledge of refrigeration and air conditioning systems and their components
· Demonstrated ability to fault find, dissemble, repair and reassemble.
· A commitment to workplace health and safety
· In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification
· Registration or licensing may be required.
· High level interpersonal skills with a strong customer service focus.
· Ability to build and maintain positive relationships and partner with all areas of the business.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Employer Sponsored Visa.
· Permanent Residency (PR) pathway after 3 years of employment.