About your role
Ability Action Australia are continuing to grow nationally and want to expand our western Sydney multi-disciplinary team by finding an Advanced or Specialist level Behaviour Support Practitioner.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting NDIS participants, along with their families and/or carers, to identify their needs through assessment and person-centred planning
- Evaluating, developing and delivering evidence-based support plans within a complex support space
- Developing meaningful goals and practical strategies utilising a positive behaviour support framework, and with a commitment to eliminate restrictive practices, in the home and community
- Ensuring individual plans reflect our NDIS participants' goals, passions and strengths, as well as ensuring they get more out of life
- Building the knowledge, capacity and strengths of those who support participants in their lives - family, carers, friends, etc
- Act as an advocate and role model for best practice
- Work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team
What's in it for you?
As you support many, we support you. We offer:
- Flexibility – Starting from 20 hours/week (3 days) to full time, you can select the hours and days that work best for you as an individual
- Excellent remuneration – Industry leading salary + annual car allowance + laptop + smartphone + salary packaging options + financial incentives for reaching and exceeding targets
- Work-life balance – Combine the convenience of working from home with the social interaction of working in the community plus the support of office and clinic hours
- Career progression – Access to ongoing training tailored to your interests and long-term goals combined with professional development opportunities with Ability Action Australia and our parent company MedHealth
- Passionate and uplifting culture – You will be part of a purpose and values driven team focused on delivering outstanding service to our clients
To be successful you will have:
- Assessed by the NDIS as being at the Proficient or above level as a Behaviour Support Practitioner as CORE OR above
- Completed a degree level qualification as an allied health professional
- Excellent time management and organisational skills to manage a varied caseload
- Pro-active attitude, motivated by improvement and the opportunity to test and learn from new ideas
- Genuine passion for working in the Disability sector
Does this role excite you? If so, I'd like to hear from you!
Click on the Apply button OR call me - Adam Holmes - on 0475809599 OR email me via email@example.com
MedHealth is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for all staff. As a result, all commencing workers are required to be up to date with COVID-19 vaccinations or have a valid contraindication medical certificate in accordance with the ‘Public Health (COVID-19 Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Order 2021’. Your vaccination status may be discussed as part of the recruitment and selection process and evidence of vaccination status prior to commencing will be sought.
You are welcome here
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, proudly welcoming people with disability including mental health conditions, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, people from the LGBTQI community, veterans, carers and Indigenous Australians to our team. When you join MedHealth, we want you to bring your whole self to work – and we value your unique contribution.