• Work collaboratively with a team of Chefs, Kitchen Utilities and Dining Room employees
• Buffet style bulk cooking for Breakfast and Crib Lunch, or Dinner and Desserts
• Ensure OH&S compliance, adhering to safe work practices and food handling procedures
• Ensure all catering controls are in place, and wastage is kept to the minimum
• Maintain high standards of food hygiene, safety, infection control and cleanliness in accordance with Compass standards
• Assist Head Chefs in managing team performance and employee development
• Minimum Cert III in Commercial Cookery
• Bulk Catering Experience
• Experience working in remote locations on roster arrangements (desirable)
• Excellent knowledge of all kitchen procedures and operations
• Experience in menu writing, rostering and cost control
• Experience with hygienic work practices and appropriate HACCP guidelines
• Must have own reliable transport and valid driver’s license (essential)
We have Casual FIFO or DIDO and BIBO (Mackay) positions available, on various shifts and rosters, across numerous accommodation villages.
Compass Group is a world leader in catering and support services. ESS is the market leading support services division of Compass Group, partnering with major companies throughout the oil and gas, mining and construction, and defence sectors.
As a Team Member with Compass Group, you will have the support, infrastructure, systems and processes you would expect from a global organisation. As an employer of choice, we recognise high performance and foster individual development.
If you love to work in a fast-paced, high energy environment, apply today for an immediate start!