Jumbo Offsider / All rounder
- Roster allowance /Roster to 8/6/7/7
- FIFO Cairns Townsville
- Live local in Cloncurry (local allowance paid)
- Dido mount isa with commute allowance
Evolution Mining has evolved from a small company into a globally relevant gold mining business with a reputation of delivering value for all stakeholders. Our overriding priority is safety. We dare our people to think differently, we act like owners, and we live our values of safety, accountability, excellence, and respect. We want people’s time at Evolution to be a highlight of their career, forging a company that’s known for sustainable excellence, and attracting the best talent, not only to Evolution, but also to our industry.
Our Ernest Henry Mining is a copper and gold mining and processing operation located 38 kilometres northeast of Cloncurry in Northwest Queensland. Evolution Mining believes in the value of our people and our approach fosters the highest level of professionalism, ownership, and entrepreneurial spirit in all our people, while never compromising on their safety and well-being.
About the role
Evolution Mining are seeking Jumbo Offsider to work at our Ernest Henry mine. Reporting to the Development Supervisor, the primary purpose of this role is to be responsible for all Jumbo mining operations. This will involve the Installation of ground support and mine to line, grade, and size.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Offside Development Jumbo Operator, to De-rig, Re-rig and load bolts on boom as required
- Installation of ground support as per PPD design using MDX, Par 1 Resin, Split Sets and Resin Posimix bolts, to be able to hotseat Jumbo and cover leave as required.
- Reading and understanding Primary Development Designs and mining survey memo’s
- Covering all aspects of Development mining, Level development, Decline and Incline, Turnouts
- Mine to line and grade with less than 10% overbreak when trained and competent.
- Performing thorough pre-start checks on all equipment and report all damage
- Operating and cleaning heavy diesel equipment
- Positive attitude toward safety, increase safety awareness, implement safety training and set an example for others.
- Maintain awareness of environmental risks and obligations around the UG mining operations areas to be able to identify at-risk activities where specialist advice may be required
We are looking for a Jumbo offsider who has knowledge of, and experience with all aspects Development Charge Up, Bogging Operations and Mine Service work.To be successful in this position you must have good observation as well written and verbal communication skills. You will have to have both manual adeptness and mechanical aptitude, and the ability to apply safe working procedures. Demonstrate behaviours aligned with the Evolution Mining values, Safety Principles and ensure statutory compliance as a minimum.
To be considered for this role you must have / demonstrate.
- 3 years minimum underground experience
- 1 Years Charge Up and Bogging experience.
- Development Charge Up competency
- Current QSEC card
- Bogger operations competency
- Current C Class Driver’s Licence
- Working at Heights
- I.T operations
- Install Vent and Mine dewatering/reticulation
What we can offer
At Evolution we offer a range of employee benefits, that we review on a regular basis, ensuring we are listening to what our employees want. If successful, you can expect to receive the following:
- Competitive remuneration package, including local living allowances
- Wednesday to Wednesday Roster FIFO Brisbane, Cairns and Townsville
- Modern camp facilities with amenities such as a gym and swimming pool
- Company provided life insurance and income protection
- Share ownership plan
- Ongoing access to health and medical wellbeing support
- Benefits program including discounts with private health insurance providers, online and in-store discounts through Maxxia Rewards, salary sacrificing
- Recognition and rewards programs
- Future opportunities to work interstate and overseas
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to providing safe and inclusive work environments which allow our employees to be themselves. We support our employees' work-life integration and provide a stimulating environment to foster development and career growth.
We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.
As part of the application process, Evolution will be collecting your personal information to assess your suitability for the role.