Our Australian made story:
Today, you’ll see Laminex on surfaces everywhere you look - be it hospitals, shopping centres, restaurants, or your home. We manufacture and procure a broad range of products for commercial and residential use such as laminate, engineered stone and veneers so that all Australians can live in beautiful, practical spaces.
Located two hours South of Perth, the Dardanup site is divided into a Particleboard, LPM and Support Services team, which include stores replenishment, industrial technologists, scheduling, engineering, research, and development. We currently employ a workforce of 185, the majority of whom work on a continuous shift roster.
Where your story begins:
We are seeking an experienced and safety orientated Maintenance Fitter at our Dardanup site in Western Australia.
The Maintenance Fitter will ensure the plant and machinery in designated areas is properly maintained and operating efficiently, whilst considering costs and the production schedule. The position requires an understanding of preventative and predictive maintenance.
This is a 9 day fortnight roster, working purely dayshift hours.
Uniforms are provided on this site and are long sleeve, long pants.
Key focuses & responsibilities will include:
• Inspecting, testing and maintaining machinery, equipment in process and packaging areas
• Condition monitoring to prevent breakdowns
• Able to fault find and repair pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical machinery + pumps and conveyors
• Performing general plant and building maintenance work
• Pro-actively demonstrate a personal commitment to Safety and our PROTECT safety culture
• Develop and maintain positive work relationships within the team
The role you’ll play:
To be successful in the role you will ideally need to possess:
• Trade Certificate - Maintenance Fitter
• Previous experience in installation, operation, service, fault finding, repair and maintenance of plant equipment such as presses, saws, compressors, vacuum and dosing pumps, screens and conveyor systems, heat exchangers, gearboxes, thermal oil equipment and other systems pertaining to fibre milling, and their respective utilities.
• Confined space entry, EWP, Working at Heights and Rigging ticket
• Able to work both supervised and unsupervised
• Condition monitoring experience would be advantageous -
Life at Laminex:
2021 and 2022 “Top-10 Australian Employer” plus a bunch of cooperate discounts, need we say more?