Apply nowJob Number: 90450 Work type: Permanent - Full Time Location: Cootamundra Categories: Transport Operations & Logistics
Aurizon is seeking a safe minded, qualified Driver Trainer to join our Cootamundra team. This role is instrumental in the in the success of Australia’s largest rail freight operator and will be responsible for providing training, assessment and certification of rail safety workers in the NSW region.
About the role:
This role will see you provide mentoring and coaching to Trainee Driver's and Locomotive Driver's within competency-based frameworks in order to safely meet business objectives.
- Motivating, instructing, mentoring, coaching and assessing drivers.
- Develop a supportive relationship with train drivers and supporting the training program objectives.
- Instruct and coach personnel in train management competencies, procedures and route competencies to high standards.
- Deliver and maintain training and assessment plans, required reports, learning documents, logbooks and check sheets.
- Perform fair assessments of personnel to high safety standards whilst utilising a range of upskilling methods to ensure competencies are maintained.
- Plan and organise competency and learning programs.
- Perform administrative duties including maintenance of required files and training records.
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (Mandatory).
- Certificate IV in Rail Operations (Mandatory).
- Ability to apply best practice train management techniques to ensure efficient and safe train operations.
- High level of facilitation, mentoring, coaching, and relationship building skills to create lasting attitudinal and behavioural change.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment.
For more information on this position (reference 90450), please contact Jason on 08 9212 2568
Advertised: 30 Sep 2022 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 30 Nov 2022 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back Apply now Refer a friend