- Located in Melbourne VIC
- Full Time, permanent opportunities
- Calling all dynamic retail leaders with experience leading a large team
- Rotating roster with every second weekend off
Referred to internally as a Merchandise Manager and reporting to the Store Manager, you will lead a team of Sales Managers and inspire them with your passion for retail, your ability to drive results, and your positive high energy. You will play an inspirational role in coaching and mentoring teams to deliver seamless and memorable experiences to all of our customers.
In this role you will
- Keep the customer at the heart of everything you do
- Lead by example to maximum sales and service opportunities
- Provide coaching, mentoring, and performance management to drive engagement and achieve results
- Build cross-functional relationships to maximise outcomes
- Foster a safe, healthy, and engaged team culture
Join us if you
- Have a passion for retail and success
- Have a strong track record of delivering results
- Are an inspirational leader with strong people leadership skills
- Are commercially focused with sound business and financial acumen
- Have strong written, listening, and spoken communication skills
- Are able to multi-task, use initiative and self-motivate
- Flexible and adaptable to a fast-paced and evolving environment
Why work for us?
- A competitive remuneration package, including an annual bonus incentive
- Generous employee discounts across David Jones, Country Road, Mimco, Trenery, Witchery & POLITIX brands
- An additional day of leave for your birthday
- A supportive, flexible and engaging environment that will support personal/professional development
- Opportunities to support community partnerships across our Corporate Social Responsibility program
- Be a member of a company committed to sustainable practices
- Ongoing training and development to pursue individual ambitions
Since 1838, David Jones’ limitless quest for innovation and progress established us as Australia’s original influencer in fashion & lifestyle. Today, our vision and purpose to continue this legacy is to be the destination that inspires, with experiences and services Like No Other.
Part of Woolworths Holding Limited (JSE:WHL) alongside the Country Road Group, our values include being customer obsessed, collaborative, inspirational, responsible and dedicated to quality – within a thriving culture we live these values every day as we strive to inspire our people, customers and community Like No Other.
David Jones is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.