Cherry Bekaert has been proudly providing Accounting and Advisory services to our clients for over 70 years. We are seeking a Tax Manager for our Raleigh, NC location. We are looking for someone with strong C Corp and Provision experience.
The successful candidate will manage the client’s tax compliance needs, anticipate tax and business issues, and recognize tax planning opportunities. Candidates should be accustomed to working as the main point of contact with the client and will be comfortable in managing workflows, deadlines, deliverables, and client communications. This role will also be responsible for training and developing less experienced professional staff.
As a Tax Manager, you will:
- Solve problems for corporate clients in industries such as manufacturing, real estate and construction, and professional services
- Manage engagements and providing knowledgeable review of complex c-corp returns including tax provision work
- Leverage your project management, analytical, interpersonal, and communication abilities
- Lead tax staff and seniors in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Demonstrate superior client service skills
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Masters preferred
- Must be CPA certified and have an active CPA license
- Minimum of 5 years' of experience in public accounting with a minimum of 2 years' of managerial experience
- Strong background and understanding of C and S Corporations, LLCs, and Partnerships
- Strong understanding of clients' businesses and industries
- Preferred partnership experience includes entity structuring, operating agreement review and consultation, compliance, allocations, partner transactions and related matters
- Experience with complex individual tax compliance and planning as well as estate tax compliance and planning are a plus
What you can expect from us:
- Shared values, including uncompromising integrity, a passion for excellence, and mutual respect
- The opportunity to innovate and do work that motivates and engages you
- A collaborative environment focused on your career growth and continuous professional development
- Competitive compensation and a total rewards package that focuses on all aspects of your wellbeing
- Flexibility to do impactful work and the time to enjoy your life outside of work
About Cherry Bekaert
Cherry Bekaert, ranked among the largest assurance, tax and advisory firms in the U.S., serves clients across industries in all 50 U.S. states and internationally. “Cherry Bekaert” is the brand name under which Cherry Bekaert LLP and Cherry Bekaert Advisory LLC, independently owned entities, provide professional services in an alternative practice structure in accordance with applicable professional standards. Cherry Bekaert LLP is a licensed CPA firm that provides attest services, and Cherry Bekaert Advisory LLC and its subsidiary entities provide business advisory and non-attest services spanning the areas of transaction advisory, risk and accounting advisory, digital solutions, cybersecurity, tax, benefits consulting, and wealth management. For more details, visit cbh.com/disclosure.
Cherry Bekaert cares about its people. We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, we offer a comprehensive, high-quality benefits program which includes medical, dental, and vision care; disability and life insurance; generous Paid Time Off; retirement plans; Paid Care Leave; and other programs that are dedicated to enhancing your personal and work life and providing you and your family with a measure of financial protection.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: https://www.cbh.com/careers/coloradomanager/
Cherry Bekaert provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Candidates must demonstrate eligibility to work in the United States. Cherry Bekaert will not provide work sponsorship for this position.
Cherry Bekaert LLP and Cherry Bekaert Advisory LLC are members of Allinial Global, an accountancy and business advisory global association. Visit us at cbh.com/careers and follow us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
© 2022 Cherry Bekaert. All Rights Reserved.
No agencies please