Division and Unit Overview
The Office of Administration provides a wide range of services to ACS customers and staff and is composed of several units including The Information and Customer Resource Center (ICRC) and Building and Administrative Services. The Information and Customer Resource Center (ICRC) consists of Contracts Administration, Contingent Labor Program, Office of Society Services, and Research Services. Research Services performs research and makes information resources available to staff and governance to further the study and development of Chemistry in addition to administering the ACS Intranet. The Office of Society Services (OSS) is responsible for consolidating Society products and services into a cohesive high-quality customer service center. Building and Administrative Services Department includes Facilities, Purchasing, Travel, and Conferencing as well as the Service Center. Building and Administrative Services has primary responsible for and manages approximately $70,000,000 worth of the Society’s real property assets including the Headquarters and Other Buildings. Facilities provides centralized support services for all ACS staff and tenants. Purchasing provides a high-quality procurement function for ACS staff. The Travel Office provides full travel services for the Executive Director, governance, and ACS staff. The Service Center provides high quality shipping, receiving and copy services to ACS staff. These offices have a wide-ranging impact on operational costs and the ability of the Society to attain membership goals
This position falls within the Contingent Labor Program responsible for centralizing all contingent workforce recruiting and fulfillment for Washington Operations with a budgetary impact of approximately $16M annually.
Centralize all contingent workforce recruiting for Washington Operations by collaborating with hiring managers and approved vendors to attract highly qualified candidates within strict turn-around times. Cultivate vendor relationships, conduct contract negotiations, source and screen, select, and onboard/off board all contractors under established guidelines. Additionally, the Procurement Analyst, Contingent Labor will maintain associated administrative documentation and will work with department contract/contingent staff budgets to support financial goals.
- Qualify functional and technical business requirements, source candidates, screen, and select.
- Provide analysis, feedback and recommendations to management and appropriate staff regarding during the procurement of contingent labor.
- Establish relationships with suppliers, independent contractors, and internal customers, including Finance and Legal.
- Review, negotiate, and administer Master Services Agreements, Statements of Work, Contract Amendments and Addenda; ensure compliance with all contractual terms and conditions.
- Plan and conduct business reviews with internal customers and external suppliers.
- Contribute to administration of a Vendor Management System (VMS).
- Support Contracts team and Services Procurement Manager during the RFx process and in development of strategic sourcing services for the organization.
- Contribute to the formulation, standardization and implementation of policies and procedures related to contingent labor.
- Leverage market expertise to benchmark and innovate to ensure service excellence.
- Research and evaluate issues and problems and make recommendations for correction and process improvement.
- Collaborate with other operating units to maintain productivity and ensure achievement of department and organizational objectives
· College degree (relevant field) or equivalent experience
· 8+ years of related experience; an advanced degree may be substituted for work experience.
· Demonstrated expertise with Microsoft Office software.
· Experience with one or more of the following is highly desired but not required: VNDLY, PeopleSoft, Basware, LaserFiche, DocuSign, and Contract and Vendor Management software is highly desired.
This position will be primarily based in the Washington D.C. (or applicable) office. ACS employees work a hybrid work schedule, consisting of working onsite, three days per week. ACS employees are in the office on Tuesday and Wednesday with the third in-office day scheduled in consultation with the manager. While always welcome to work in the office, employees may work the other two days of the week from a location of their choice. New employees are immediately eligible for this hybrid work arrangement. ACS offers relocation assistance, if applicable.