Description: Within our Cheese R&D team located in Denver – Leprino is seeking a R&D Specialist II (or R&D Specialist I based on candidate experience) to move our organization to even larger level of dairy ingredient and nutrition growth! We take pride in our vision to be "world's best", it is why we work harder, invest more, and continually innovate.
At Leprino Foods, starting compensation for this role typically ranges between $20.80 and $27.88. This position has an annual target bonus of 3.5%.
- Understands ordering, organizing, and preparing cheese samples for evaluation and/or submission to customers.
- Follows direction in executing assignments.
- Meets established timelines on daily / weekly tasks.
- Work is performed with accuracy and quality.
- Freely exchanges information, asks questions, and checks for understanding.
- Works as an effective team member within the kitchen staff.
- Organize, complete, and document daily work associated with projects.
- Organize, clean, and maintain an orderly workplace by cleaning up after themselves and participating in scheduled departmental cleaning events.
- Prepare samples for routine and project related evaluation and customer submission.
- Complete special duties as assigned (i.e. product showings, customer dinners, trade show support, etc.)
You Have At Least (Required Qualifications):
- A High School Diploma.
- Proven experience in the food industry.
Leprino Foods celebrates and supports diversity. We believe in equal opportunity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. We know we are better together and are committed to creating an inclusive and supportive culture that uses the unique talents, experiences, background, and perspectives of each individual employee.
Offering You In Return:
A chance to be part of a team of individuals passionate about producing and delivering high-quality products that help feed and nourish families around the world. Leprino Foods could not be where it is today without our incredible employees. That is why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring great people who are in it for the long run is our goal. Through competitive salaries and bonuses, life, medical/dental/vision coverage, voluntary benefits, employee assistance programs, wellness incentives, tuition assistance, vacation, ten paid holidays, sick time, paid parental leave, annual merit increases, as well as the LFC Profit-Sharing & 401(k) plan. Your impact will be noticed and rewarded, as you seek to further our company, our customers, and one another.
Leprino Foods’ history dates back over 70 years, when Jim Leprino first started making small batches of mozzarella for local markets and eateries in the Little Italy neighborhood of Denver. We’ve grown a bit since then. Today, Leprino is the world’s largest manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose, and a leading producer of whey protein. Still owned by Jim and the Leprino family, our sights are set to be the “World’s Best Dairy Food and Ingredient Company.” To help us achieve that bold vision, we’re looking for our secret ingredient: You. A motivated team member who is the best at what you do. Three people in a small corner grocery store in the early 1950s have now grown to almost 5,000 employees throughout 16 global locations. Will you join us on our journey?
Leprino Foods Company utilizes the services of Psychemedics to perform our Hair Follicle Drug Testing. Additional information about this process can be obtained at https://www.psychemedics.com
Leprino Foods requires all individuals to wear the appropriate Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) as required by the role and location.
Leprino Foods Company supports a drug-free workplace and is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer – M/F/Disability/Veteran
The “Easy Apply” option through LinkedIn is not considered an official application with Leprino Foods. If you would like to formally apply for this open position, please visit careers.leprinofoods.com.