Grab your basket there’s a lot more in store for you
Our Assistant Managers act as part of the store leadership team, supporting the Store Manager to always put our customers and colleagues first. With a key focus on managing the operational and stock processes, you will take a proactive approach to ensure the store consistently delivers the required shop floor standards and excellent customer service.
You will manage the delivery of key targets, as agreed by the company, management team, and Area Managers. You will coach and develop the Supervisor team to ensure the right rhythm and routine is in place to maintain core processes. You will support the Store Manager in achieving sales targets, deliver on key enablers, and communicate targets, achievements and updates daily and weekly to the store team.
This role comes with the ability to study Retail Team Leader Level 3 qualification through an apprenticeship (in England, Wales, and Northern Ireland).
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive a high volume of applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.What you'll be doing as an Assistant Store Manager...
- Live and breathe our Customer High Five initiative
- Work as part of our store team to create and maintain a fun and friendly environment
- Live the company values whilst focusing on taking individual responsibility working towards team delivery of the store and company vision
- Manages the induction of all new colleagues alongside the Store Manager and works with the Supervisors to drive ongoing training and development through on-the-job coaching
- Ensure the store delivers consistently high standards in line with corporate guidelines
- Effectively manage stock control according to company guidelines to drive stock availability through the correct application of store processes
- Regularly review sales performance and ensure actions are in place to improve this
- Ensure all Management Ways of Working (W.O.W) are completed accurately and at the correct time to support operations and sales performance
- Driving compliance in store by ensuring all risk assessments are carried out and kept up to date
- Success in leading and managing operational teams
- Experience in delivering sales and inventory targets within a dynamic retail environment
- Understand the importance of exceeding sales targets and meeting budgets
- Understand the importance of providing an amazing customer service experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with customers and colleagues
- A self-motivated and resilient manager who is a team player and deals with challenges with a positive and proactive outlook
- To be computer literate with experience in Excel.
- This role comes with the ability to study Retail Team Leader Level 3 qualification through an apprenticeship, (in England, Wales and Northern Ireland)
- Competitive salary
- Potential to earn a bonus
- A twelve-week induction programme
- Apprenticeships and Career Development
- Discount Card – 10% discount on most purchases in-store, including PEP&CO
- Family-friendly benefits
- Loyal Service Awards
- My Staff Shop – exclusive discount portal
- Life Assurance cover
- Health & Wellbeing – employee assistance programme to support you
- Pension scheme
- Holiday Allowance – increasing by one day per year (up to 33 days)
Since opening its first store in Burton-upon-Trent in 1990, Poundland & Dealz, has built a network of over 850 stores in the UK and the Republic of Ireland, offering top brands and great quality own brand products that provide customers with amazing value every day.
Poundland & Dealz offers thousands of quality products in store with over 1,000 well-known brands in 17 shopping categories including food and drink, health and beauty, household, gardening, DIY, pet, stationery, books, DVDs and toys. It is on a journey from a single price to a simple price point retailer. While the majority of items in its stores are at its original £1 price point, it is extending ranges above and below £1 that also offer amazing value.
Now part of Pepco Group with over 2,500 stores across Europe, Poundland also trades internationally in the Republic of Ireland through its Dealz brand. Dealz has a growing store base in both Poland and Spain.
Within the UK Poundland has also rolled out its fashion brand PEP&CO to approximately 300 of its larger stores. PEP&CO, launched in 2015 as a standalone brand, offers customers a full range of women’s, men’s and kids’ fashion and is now bringing new style to Poundland with simple low pricing on family fashion that’s hard to find on local high streets.
PEP&CO was also nominated in the 2019 Retail Week Awards as Private Label of The Year.
Sounds like you? apply today!